Ding! Ding! Ding! We Have a Winner!

Wow, Ted has really aged a bit since the last time I saw a photo of him!

He's just grumpy because Jane still looks hot (to some) and is flaunting it in Cannes, while he's in Cleveland. ;)

Congrats Bitter!

A round of applause for our local celebrity on TPF....golf clap lol.

Actually, I don't think Mr. Turner appreciates what his hands were holding. And why would he? His field of expertise is elsewhere.

David, very impressive work. People who work materials and make them into objects of art are a special breed. Especially if one goes through the effort because you are putting yourself into the object, and that object becomes, in a little way, a bit of you. The recipient may or may not know what they hold, but it is their loss if they don't appreciate or understand. The beauty was in the creation.

But, I'm not a celebrity, IByte.

So this is another shot I liked from today.

7224557200_468a6de21b_o.jpg

...and then, playing photojournalist:

7224557672_63e3bdd0ed_o.jpg

7224557772_4c28ae20d4_o.jpg

7224557926_8dd58c55f0_o.jpg

7224557484_ea18c79af6_o.jpg

Bitter, I enjoyed the story as much as the beautiful object that you made. Your heart must swell with pride when you think of it.

Bitter Jeweler said:
But, I'm not a celebrity, IByte.

So this is another shot I liked from today.

...and then, playing photojournalist:

So modest Bitter, not everyday a billionaire holds a piece of artwork from a person on a forum. Honestly, congrats.

Dude, that blows...

On a semi-related note, have you thought about contacting anybody from the paper to highlight your work? For instance, the thread you made about building the ring was very interesting and very popular. It couldn't be that extensive, but I imagine a story like that could be ran in the lifestyle section.

In this case, a 'How it was made' story for Ted Turner's award would make great copy and it shouldn't be that hard to convince somebody at the paper, as well as somebody at your local news station.

Unless there is something in your contract prohibiting it, if I were you, Monday morning I would start making some phone calls to see if anybody is interested in the story.

Damn that things got style!!!

Old thread, but thanks for bumping it, as I would have missed it otherwise. Bitter, I think if Teddy read this thread, he would appreciate the honor that much more and no doubt tell the story to all of his friends. Cool story, bro, and nice work!

Bitter,

As usual with you, beautiful story. Especially interesting to me because this millionaire is one of the very few I would actually shake hands with :)

So I'm jealous. For the handshaking, not for the work you had to put out. Even if, maybe, he is going a bit senile. Or is that not what you were trying to tell us.

But something bothered me from the very start of your thread and that is the "gong" thing. I didn't see a gong in you photo, I saw a bell.

I thought to myself, maybe, I don't know what a gong is afterall and, wanting to make sure, I went and looked it up. Hate to tell you but this is no gong. It is a bell.

photos of gongs - Recherche Google

Very nice story otherwise. And I hope you have many more of that type to tell us in the future.

Amazing Bitter... what an incredible talent. YOU are a true artist. So grateful that you are a part of this forum! Awesome story...

But something bothered me from the very start of your thread and that is the "gong" thing. I didn't see a gong in you photo, I saw a bell.

I thought to myself, maybe, I don't know what a gong is afterall and, wanting to make sure, I went and looked it up. Hate to tell you but this is no gong. It is a bell.

photos of gongs - Recherche Google

Very nice story otherwise. And I hope you have many more of that type to tell us in the future.

Well, I was told by several people, that a bell is struck from the inside, and a gong is struck from the outside. This gong has no clapper, and they strike it with a mallet from the outside. So, it's a gong. :sexywink:

Incidentally, I was just asked about making 1400 little 3inch versions for party favors, for their 100th anniversary banquet.
Wheeeeeeeee!

Bitter Jeweler said:
Well, I was told by several people, that a bell is struck from the inside, and a gong is struck from the outside. This gong has no clapper, and they strike it with a mallet from the outside. So, it's a gong. :sexywink:

Incidentally, I was just asked about making 1400 little 3inch versions for party favors, for their 100th anniversary banquet.
Wheeeeeeeee!

.....oo that might lead to more photo toys, I'd say change a little bit and go for it bitter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back