Ding! Ding! Ding! We Have a Winner!

Wow, that's gorgeous work!

Kerb, I'll address your post later (I do have a shot with black reflectors on both sides).

Thanks for the kind words.
It was exciting, the whole process, the pressure, and finally actually shaking hands with a billionaire.

7222327296_893b464c12_o.jpg

Bitter, you never sleep, I'm pretty sure of that. Your mind never rests because you are always creating and thinking and detailing, I'm pretty sure of that. I am soooo glad that YOU were chosen for creating this award. You are a dilligent soul and no one else could have accomplished what you have as a result of your talent and effort. That stood out to those who chose you to develop this piece, but to us you always have insististed on the best efffort no matter what the task. And you persevered and you achived no matter what the challenge was that you faced on this project.

Ted holds in his hands something deeper than even he can say Thank You to; his Thanks for an award are cursory and required. Our appreciation of what he is holding in his hands are sincere and simply understood.

Good Job, Bitter, very nice work and Thank You for sharing it all with us.:hugs:

Congrats! Something to be very proud of.

Hehehe, yeah, he's old.

When I was introduced to him, the woman told him I was the guy who made the award. He said, "But I haven't seen it yet." She told him he had, that they showed it to him, then we were interupted by the camera guy taking our picture, then there was that awkward moment where he had an issue with his camera. LOL So, I guess, now i can say I had an awkward moment with Ted Turner. :biglaugh: That was the extent of our meeting. Oh well.

Kerb, here's the pic for you.

7223992338_780c05752f_o.jpg

I prefer the first for it's asymmetry.
It's funny, I want to say I like the highlight on the base, but if I am honest with myself and you, I was trying to prevent it. I couldn't hold both pieces of poster board up to catch the highlight on each side of the base, so one stayed. The background looks even on my calibrated monitor, but on my laptop at work I can totally see what you are talking about. Easy enough to fix.

Bitter, you never sleep, I'm pretty sure of that. Your mind never rests because you are always creating and thinking and detailing, I'm pretty sure of that. I am soooo glad that YOU were chosen for creating this award. You are a dilligent soul and no one else could have accomplished what you have as a result of your talent and effort. That stood out to those who chose you to develop this piece, but to us you always have insististed on the best efffort no matter what the task. And you persevered and you achived no matter what the challenge was that you faced on this project.

Ted holds in his hands something deeper than even he can say Thank You to; his Thanks for an award are cursory and required. Our appreciation of what he is holding in his hands are sincere and simply understood.

Good Job, Bitter, very nice work and Thank You for sharing it all with us.:hugs:

Kind words GG, (and everyone).

Doing this job made all kinds of thoughts go through my head. Like, I mention up top, does he realize it was hand made? Does it really mean anything to him? Is it just another bauble for his mantle or shelf somewhere? Will he show all his friends?

It was also interesting being there to watch him get the award. It was interesting being the one who made the award being given, and nearly no one in that room, knew or would know it was me, or that it was even hand made. To everyone in the room, it was just another award, like we've all seen being given to people. But for me, it is still a piece of me. So, yeah, it's an interesting perspective to hold.

Congrats, man. And very nice. I marvel to think that you actually create things like this. I always expect stuff like this to come out of some sort of magic cloud in the sky, and yet... boom... it turns out, you're the magic cloud man. :)

Pretty sweet! Are you famous now??? It's a very distinctive award! "Triumph after tribulations!"

Haha, thanks Manny!

Hmmm...maybe I should retire the Bitter Jeweler moniker, and go with Magic Cloud Man instead!

Nah. It doesn't have the same *ring*.

:hug::
I'm so happy for you!! What a wonderful moment!! Hopefully, this will only be one of many.....:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back