Dinner Time For This Little Guy

ShutterGirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got this shot today actually right in my backyard.. I saw him out there eating acorns up on a branch and had to get the shot. Put on my 300 lens and got this shot

squirrel.jpg

What a fantastic shot!
Terrific DOF and very crisp, great colors as well.
As you might have guessed, I really like it.

I'm so jealous.. I been tryin to get one of these suckers for a few days, but don't have a telephoto, I can't get close enough....

You're making me jealous as well :oops:
Brilliant shot; we would never find such cute animals in our direct neighbourhood - unfortunately. So, cheer us up with a big smile and let us enjoy of more of that kind of pictures (and other kinds) :wink:

I agree with everyone else--fantastic shot. Good work on the telephoto!

If I would find anything to nitpick, I'd say it's just a hair underexposed. What kind of camera are you shooting? You could try shooting an exposure bracket or just adjust the levels in photoshop.

I think this shot would be cool in b&w, too!

:thumbsup: :D

Well my backyard is all woods, and I have a window that just slides right up with no noise so I just opened the windowand took the shots right from my livingroom.. trying to be so quiet it was hard keeping the camera still... couldn't set up the tripod because I had to take the photos from the couch sticking out the window.. I was pretty much hanging out the window for this shot LOL... was worth it...

I shot this with the Canon Rebel 300D

The detail and depth is very well done. I almost feel like I can reach out and toucht the squirrel. I must admit thought that I am wondering if the picture may have been more dramatic if the squirrel was not centered in the frame.

ShutterGirl said:
I shot this with the Canon Rebel 300D

Rock on, another 300D user. That's the camera I'm shooting, too!

You said you were using the 300mm on this one? That would explain the slight darkening--I get the same thing at the hockey games I shoot... I usually stop up some when I know I'm going to be zoomed way out. :D It's an awesome camera though, isn't it??? :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back