DIRECTIONS TO THE DARKSIDE.......

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
we know all you light siders think we are out there...and your so right...:lol:
here is how to find us....

first, you must go over the river styx.....

overtheriver.jpg

thru the knotted woods.....
(i just like the shot too much to make black and white...sorry..)

thruthewoods.jpg

past the haunted cave with the crooked stick.......

IMG_3865.jpg

thru the tunnel of anxiety...........

underground.jpg

past the bubbling cauldron of discontent....

bubblingcaldron.jpg

and there you shall find the headquarters of the darkside personalities...

dungeon, sweet dungeon

covenheadquarters.jpg

if you look close, you can see woodsacs upstairs window...lean in closer...you can see his latest room mate,
hanging from the rafers ...wahahahahahah.........;)

IMG_3893.jpg

and below, you can make out three windows for the three coven sisters..
anicole, calliopallie, and me...(nicoles is the lowest of the three...she is still scared of heights, no matter what spell i use....:er: )
to the left is antartican room, just out of the picture...and of course we had to save the top story for archangel...he needs the height and the clearance for his takeoffs....

IMG_3895.jpg

the bottom floor is for meetings, and confreneces.....its a great night room...( like we would have a day room...hello? thats for you light siders..)

ohhhh...and lets not forget, in the back yard.... Chillers favorite "hang out"....i am not sure how he goes in, but he leaves out the top arch..usually he is flying....(he's a bit batty....)

IMG_3823.jpg

come on by......do drop in.......we love "overnighters"....
monopoly takes on a whole new meaning with us....
and there is no such thing as a BORED game.... :mrgreen:

fangs for looking.....see you in your nightmares....!!!!!:heart:

Holy crap Nance...this is brilliant.. Where in the south did y'all find this.
Love the story...Im sure there will be a lot of visitors now.:lol:

i'll second the holy crap!

your comps and treatments of each are to perfection - aprilraven ;)

so i gather you and the weird one busted into someplace you weren't supposed to be? do tell....where is it? .....and that house :thumbup:

great story Nancy...i hope Nicole has her take on all of this.

you deserve these.....:hail: :hail: :hail:

oh my gosh.... jonmikal gave me bow-y guys..? ( i just want to thank all the little people....elves, dwarfs..and the schmucks i stepped on to make it to the top....!!! just kidding).... nicole will show hers soon....i am sure hers are gonna blow mine outta the water...!!

the house is fondly refered to as the adams family house...and the real house is colorful and beautiful...maybe nicole will show the color version..

its in little rock....the rest of the shots, are taken at a place called "the old mill..." and its in the opening shots of gone with the wind...(its a quick shot of a stone mill....you gotta look real quick or you'll miss it...)

and i actually loved it..and it was not scary at all.. i just add noise and made bl & wh.... things i have been taught here, by the best...!!

i wanted to put your room in here, jonmikal...but you really dont like to stay in darkside...just visit some...so you can have the guest bedroom.!!

chiller...thank you so much for your kind words.. you, jonmikal..calliope and too many others to mention, have always insired me to try... i am no where near ya'lls level...but i love to keep working at it...

ya'll have no idea how much you inspire me and so many others...i can only hope to achieve half as much as you all do....thanks for encouraging me...all of ya'll....( and you know who you are....)

Got a spot in the yard where I can park my gypsy caravan when I drift through? Looks like a great place to get a bite...bwa-ha-ha-ha. Mind the neck dearie - don't bite too hard...

If I had to negotiate that lot every day to get to and from work I think I'd wear black all the time, too. :lol:

wow raven you've gone all out here.... and my own room at the top :sexywink: ... i love it... what a great combination of pics you've put together, you clever bird you, im impressed (which is a good thing)... great story you've added to it too... your so creative.... but if the good lord finds out where im hiding, he'll send a lightning bolt up my arse quicker than you can say blaspheme.... so dont tell ok :mrgreen:

angel, your secret is safe with me, my fallen angel....

hertz...theres more than one reason to wear black...but we will stick with yours...hehehehe

dave, we have plug ins for your gypsy queen....come on by...oh, and it never hurts when i bite...(unless you want it to......)

woodsac....destin dave might bring friends....wanna another live one??

aprilraven said:
i wanted to put your room in here, jonmikal...but you really dont like to stay in darkside...just visit some...so you can have the guest bedroom.!!

thanks raven! it'll be my fav bed & breakfast. :) what do you serve for breakfast?

its more like, "whom" do i serve.............wahahahaha...i'll be sure to make it someone you dont know.....

usually someone needs a bit of hair of the dog that bit them....so, canine coffee tends to pick you up....

and i dont remember saying anything about a bed...

coffin perhaps...or..would you prefer to "hang out"??? woodsac always needs a new room mate....(come to think of it, he is always whistling
the tune "just a swinging"......or tied to the whipping post...wonder why??)

i save the cooking for nicole and calliopallie.....i dont do cooking...

but i am great at receipes....they involve eye of newt...breath of dragon...toenails from jimmie hoffa....feather from angel... and hersheys kisses....the kisses are just for me, to tide me over till the pallies are done fixin supper.......

then there is always the midnight buffett....the only rule, never bite the hand that feeds you................. even if its covered in chocolate...

Raven, I thought our home was supposed to be a secret! That's ok, I'm glad you have the directions out. Invite everyone so we can have a banquet... it's always nice to have fresh blood at the table! :drool:

oh, and excellent photos and descriptions... no one will be able to miss us now!

Dadgum ... you did a heck of a job on these! I won't even bother downloading mine from the memory card! Excellent, My Coven Leader!

Thanks, btw, for allowing me the lower level ... I swear ... one day your spell will work and I'll be able to fly solo instead of tandem ... float down the stairs instead of clutching and gasping ... swoop without hurling ... get busy my coven sister ... mix up that potion!

JonMikal ... if you wait on Raven to cook, you'll waste away to nothing! (love you Raven ... mean it ... but you know it's true!) Oh ... and I just can't tell you how much I loved being called the weird one ... that's just awesome! Be careful ... I might think you can actually tolerate my presence! :lol:

We had a blast getting these shots ... right down to the little teenie boppers trying to proposition us as they drove by ... :er: ... almost didn't get Raven's cape grabbed in time! Think they'll get over those boils in time for the prom?!

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home". Especially with the custom renovations currently underway. Let's see now, we've got:
-newspaper floor covering for Archangel's room,
-a walk-in freezer for the stored blood, and it doubles as a playroom for Antarctican
-the Ginsu room holds all the knives/swords that Woodsac, Chiller, and Archangel have posed with in the past
-there's a 24 hour dispenser of Sonic Tea, with 44 oz glasses handy, to feed the addiction of Aprilraven, Anicole, and recent convert Calliope. It's next to the ever bubbling cauldron, and the 'spice' rack for Aprilraven's exotic fixin's.
-a special prop closet has been added, to house all the outfits used by the darksiders for their pics. Black is a predominant theme.
-the rafters have been reinforced in Woodsac's room, and Charlie has his own custom casket/box
-the garden has been ripped out and replaced with various headstones, statuary and dead trees. There's also a desert section. No need to travel afar for those cem pics anymore
So come for a visit, and chances are you'll stay...forever.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back