Dirt road

BKSPicture

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkspicture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you have any editing software which would allow you to do a dodge and burn layer on the center upper middle for the burn and the right side trees for the dodge? About 18% opacity should do it on both adjustments.

I'm not usually a fan of shots where a road leads nowhere, but this is really nice. I think the exposure makes it interesting, serene and nostalgic.

I think if you'd described this as shot with a Canon 5D MkII with the 80/1.4 lens, it would be a lot less well received.

This strikes me as an ok shot, but not great, that it capitalizing on a number of techniques which make it look vintage. There are some moderately good compositional choices in it, but not enough to carry the picture, and the technical flaws are both substantial and non-contributory to the picture - except to sell that "vintage" look.

Do you have any editing software which would allow you to do a dodge and burn layer on the center upper middle for the burn and the right side trees for the dodge? About 18% opacity should do it on both adjustments.

I use Gimp for all my editing and the picture is a little lighter in the middel originaly but I have added a bit extra which I find to work quite well.

I'm not usually a fan of shots where a road leads nowhere, but this is really nice. I think the exposure makes it interesting, serene and nostalgic.

Yes I also find these quite tricky to get a good shot.
Many thanks for the nice feedback!

I think if you'd described this as shot with a Canon 5D MkII with the 80/1.4 lens, it would be a lot less well received.

This strikes me as an ok shot, but not great, that it capitalizing on a number of techniques which make it look vintage. There are some moderately good compositional choices in it, but not enough to carry the picture, and the technical flaws are both substantial and non-contributory to the picture - except to sell that "vintage" look.

Maybe right there :)
I find these type of shots often very hard to get anyting interesting from.
Im personaly think I managed quite well here and I really appreciat your view.

Most reactions

Back