Disaster!!

You sound like a fun guy. Will you eat a dozen boiled slugs for a dollar? :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

:lol:

Let's just say I only take bets when I know I can't lose... unlike, say, when eating a dozen boiled slugs. :lol:

I actually work with electronics and the thing with water contamination on some PCB's may result into corrossion of boards over time. When corrossion(could be rust or mineral build up) starts to occurr your leads, traces, and components may stop functioning if it isn't removed given time(being that your camera is sealed) is very likely.

I think you tried turning it on after getting it wet and that could've damaged it too because water isn't a controlled conductor and could've shorted some of your electronic components in the process. Is your camera hosed? I don't know..hopefully not. I think the key thing here is to make sure whoever is fixing it doesn't turn it on and test with water build up in any of the components (especially the processor) because that definetly could fry your camera's electronics.

It's not fraud until you lie. Canon repaired my 50mm for free, after it had an...unfortunate encounter with concrete. No one from Canon ever asked what happened to it though, and it was repaired for free, so...eh.

It's not fraud until you lie. Canon repaired my 50mm for free, after it had an...unfortunate encounter with concrete. No one from Canon ever asked what happened to it though, and it was repaired for free, so...eh.

Boutte; The guy at the camera store I talked to said to bring it to him, he'll dry it out and send to Canon and tell them he doesn't know what happened to it.

The guy driving the get away car is just as responsible as the guy who stuck up the bank.

If Canon didn't ask that's their problem. This is a bit different.

I just added you to my: "Never buy gear from this guy list."
LOL! I can live with that easier than I can live a $900 paperweight.

Where I come from they call that fraud or theft by deception. :er:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And being a knowing partisipant of that consitutes conspiracy.

Well after letting it dry under a fan for 8 hrs it seems to be working fine. I guess I won't have to become a super villain after all.

Glad to hear it's working. I would give it another 16 hours or so just to be sure that everything is good and dry.

One last thought. Insurance, I wouldn't be without it. I'm paying about $12.00 a year per every $1,000.00 worth of gear. No deductable, covers theft, loss, and plain ole fumble fingers dropping it on the ground, or pouring a cooler over it. :D

Well after letting it dry under a fan for 8 hrs it seems to be working fine. I guess I won't have to become a super villain after all.

Glad to hear it's working. I would give it another 16 hours or so just to be sure that everything is good and dry.

One last thought. Insurance, I wouldn't be without it. I'm paying about $12.00 a year per every $1,000.00 worth of gear. No deductable, covers theft, loss, and plain ole fumble fingers dropping it on the ground, or pouring a cooler over it. :D
Good thought. Who do you use?
Man I'm feeling relieved. I saved for six months for this camera and enough left over for decent lens.
Any advice on a sub $500 lens. I have the 18-55 kit lens now.

Good thought. Who do you use?
Man I'm feeling relieved. I saved for six months for this camera and enough left over for decent lens.
Any advice on a sub $500 lens. I have the 18-55 kit lens now.

State Farm Insurance. It is not a home owners policy or attached to your home owners policy. You can do that, but any claim then fall on your homeowners insurance and can effect future rates.

It is called a Separate Articles Policy. It can be used for anything that is of value, paintings, camera gear, etc. It is only for personal use so if you ever make a business out of photography you will have to get business insurance.

Most reactions

Back