DIY B&W film and print developing

ksmattfish said:
How about a 'how I develop film' sticky thread where anyone can post how they like to go about it. Hertz could post some or all of his stuff there. I'd love to read about the materials and techniques other folks are using/have used.

There should also be a "Big list of stuff you need to start a darkroom" or maybe "what's in my darkroom" sticky post where people can list what they use, and/or what is needed to start a darkroom.

I definitely agree with both of these points as we all have our methods that work and our experiences that don't. I've just bought a Yashica Mat 124G and decided that I'm going to develop my own negatives instead of getting the lab to do them, as it takes a day and I usually don't need the prints.

It's been over ten years since I was last in the darkroom and I've forgotten everything!

robhesketh said:
How do you get an elephant into the fridge?
1. Open door.
2. Insert elephant.
3. Close door.

How do you get a giraffe into the fridge?
1. Open door.
2. Remove elephant.
3. Insert giraffe.
4. Close door.

How do you know there are *two* elephants in your fridge?
The door won't close.

How do you know there are *three* elephants in your fridge?
There'll be one waiting outside in the Mini.

How can you tell that an elephant has been in your fridge?
By the footprints in the butter.
:lol: riiiiight.... ;)

ksmattfish said:
While the basic procedures and materials listed in most books and classes are mostly the same, there are usually small differences and different techniques from book to book, instructor to instructor. When a person goes to the trouble to pick up a book, or take a class, check out one (or several) of the thousands of 'how-to develop BW film' websites (check your film manufacturer's site first) or post a question here they learn about different paths through the darkroom.

How about a 'how I develop film' sticky thread where anyone can post how they like to go about it. Hertz could post some or all of his stuff there. I'd love to read about the materials and techniques other folks are using/have used.

I think that the TPF Darkroom Snobs Print Exchange #1 post can be unstickied. :)

There should also be a "Big list of stuff you need to start a darkroom" or maybe "what's in my darkroom" sticky post where people can list what they use, and/or what is needed to start a darkroom.
Done. How careless of me. :blushing: I'll get after the second one after a few more days.

I like these ideas. :thumbup: I'm on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back