DIY semi automatic film processor with Lego

JanvdB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
LS, During some searching I came across this forum and saw some beautifull examples of diy equipment. Last week I tried for the first time to use Lego for developing film, for those who are interested I placed a litlle video on youtube from the first attempt:

with kind regards, Jan

Janvandenbroekfotografie

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are expecting a quick update. I'm sorry, at this moment I'm busy with the last weeks of this school year and then a break. When I have time, I will try some changes and after that I will publish my results.

Sincerely,

Jan

Interesting project Jan. In itself I mean but the machine still lacks unit automatically loading film into reel from the cassette, washing unit and drying unit to be called automatic film processor. :) What do you think ? Or maybe, forget the loading, it should be used for stand development and the washing part shouldn't be much of a problem. Good luck.

Haha Timor, thanks for your reply, no it isn't full automatic (and I won't make one) but maybe there is someone who is creative with a hair dryer..... -:)

kind regards, Jan

LS,
Should anyone expect and waiting for an update of this project, then I have "bad" news: I do not continue with this concept! I stop it for the following reasons:
* I prefer a system with a lower consumption of chemicals and
* I hope next week to become the owner of a factory system, namely a Filmrunner (a rotation system).

If I unexpectedly cannot or do not buy the Filmrunner, then I will pick up the 'lego-route' again. I have already made a new concept. This time using the RCX in a rotation system to the Filmrunner, I have already worked out this idea on paper which you can see here: http://www.janvandenbroekfotografie.nl/index.php/blog

Sincerely,

Jan

This will be my last update! Sometimes you must take a little bit of time and ask yourself questions like 'How many times do I photograph with film?'. The answer then does you realize that an automatic film development system for me really is not viable. But I took the challenge based on some ideas that 'haunted' me to make a film processor based on rotation development. Photos of the project and some results can be seen here: Jan van den Broek
OK I succeeded, the system need some tweaks, but as I stated earlier, a system like this, for me is after all not the most practical and therefore I will not continue with it. Sometimes, as often, the way hat you go is sometimes more important than the result in the end!-:)

with Kind regards, Jan

Hi Jan, no need for apologies, photography for most of us is just a hobby. From the start I thought about as a fun project not so much about photography, more about just fun and satisfaction. In any case, definitely, you should shoot more film, it's for guys, who like to do things themselves.

Neat! I've always loved lego's.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jan, no need for apologies, photography for most of us is just a hobby. From the start I thought about as a fun project not so much about photography, more about just fun and satisfaction. In any case, definitely, you should shoot more film, it's for guys, who like to do things themselves.

Thanks Timor and in some cases I will continue with shooting film, at least polaroid/impossible!:wink:

with kind regards, Jan

Most reactions

New Topics

Back