Do you also get these emails?

haring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Do you also get these emails?

"With the rising costs of weddings today, it is becoming more and more difficult for brides and grooms to afford the wedding of their dreams. I AM ONE OF THOSE BRIDES!
As a result, I am looking to secure sponsors in order to help offset the cost of planning my wedding. With your sponsorship you will receive branding opportunities such as logo or name placement on wedding invitation inserts and a spot on our wedding web page. I can also place your business card in everyone's welcome bag. You are free to use any images from our wedding to promote your business.
If you can provide complimentary photography for our destination wedding in Negril, Jamaica on Saturday, August 13, 2011, I will gladly exchange the above branding recognition opportunities for you and your company.
I am looking for the following services:
-All Day wedding coverage (from getting ready/hair and makeup- end of reception)
-High resolution DV!
D of edited files (with printing release)
-An Online, password protected gallery for 60 days
-A Day After Session while we are there, and a DVD of the best 30-60 edited files."

no but this is tacky and Jamaica sounds to much like one of those "share my million dollar bank account"

Yes, I have gotten one of these. It sounds crazy to me. There is no way that handing out fliers to all their friends at their wedding and putting my name on their wedding website would bring in enough business to justify doing all of that work for free (even if it wasn't a scam).

And be honest most wedding togs will carry a load of business cards on a wedding day anyway - if the rest of the guests want to hire the same shooter they can. So its asking for freebies whilst offering you nothing out of the ordinary ;)

Plus for such "poor" people they are asking for the whole works on the wedding - greedy ;)

It is fake, chances are if you responded you'd get one of the "Oops we paid you too much send us the difference fast" or some other scam that ensures you end up losing cash and time.

Probably fake, but there was something on one of the national morning shows not too long ago about a bridge that pretty much got her whole wedding for free by getting various people (Photographer, venue, etc) to do it for free or really cheap by offering "advertising" to them.

She was a professional advertiser, so that may have helped her....

Yah I'm thinking in that rare case the people were getting far more advertising coverage than just a few people at the wedding - in that case it would have been more of an exchange of services - the photographer/caterers etc.... giving their part and the bride giving them in turn her professional services.

She'd have to give me a real Pro service for this amount of free work in exchange for advertising, I don't think the new hubby would be too impressed. H

Well, at least they're not asking for a DVD of the high resolution edited files. They're only asking for a high resolution DVD of the edited files. So I guess lo-res is fine as long as the DVD is nice quality... :lmao:

Probably fake, but there was something on one of the national morning shows not too long ago about a bridge that pretty much got her whole wedding for free by getting various people (Photographer, venue, etc) to do it for free or really cheap by offering "advertising" to them.

She was a professional advertiser, so that may have helped her....

...and probably she didn't get the best vendors in here area...

Well, at least they're not asking for a DVD of the high resolution edited files. They're only asking for a high resolution DVD of the edited files. So I guess lo-res is fine as long as the DVD is nice quality... :lmao:

:):):) I see... they wouldn't be too happy. :)

This is a typical scam we get on a daily basis at the resort.

Hi this is Ben Dover me and my extended family will be traveling to your area (insert town) and will need accommodations for 10 people for 4 nights. We are traveling with a guide who needs paid but our royal family only gave us a check with your name on it and his payment will need to be dispersed by you after you put the check in your account

LOL or variation of

Most reactions

New Topics

Back