Do you carry around an old compact camera?

I managed to find an exquisite new Fuji XF1 @ £150 , so it's now my I-phone notebook substitute .
I love it and it saves taking my Panasonic G1 everywhere .

I managed to find an exquisite new Fuji XF1 @ £150 , so it's now my I-phone notebook substitute .
I love it and it saves taking my Panasonic G1 everywhere .
+1 on the XF1. Fits right in my pocket.

Yes... well, I did. Then I gave it away.

But I see they sell them in purple now... tempting!

I carry around a little Rollei 35 with me most times. Nice and compact and the lens collapses to make it even more portable. No batteries required :) I will take more documentary type photos with my phone, but if I come across a scene that needs a more "artsy" treatment, I pull out the Rollei.

German or Singapore? Love that camera.

Joe

Singapore. All black with a Sonnar 40mm 2.8

I have a Rollei 35 too. I only got it because the factory was 50m from my grandma's house.

i bought one years ago and loved it , but has to be digital now , as no funds for film .

I'm borrowing a RX1R II from Sony next week. I get to play with it for a couple of weeks.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Sadly though, I have a RX1RII taste, and Fuji X70 budget.
I could get a Tudor Pelagos 25600TN for that kinda money...and the watch would last longer

My pocket camera is the Panasonic ZS40. It is discontinued but certainly not old.

just bought a brand new Fuji X-pro 1 body plus new 27mm f2.8 [ 41mm ] for a total of £368 , not exactly pocketable , but it will be in my shoulder bag . Although I guess launched in 2012 , it's hardly vintage ! The Fuji XF1 may still tuck in there for the zoom !
dee

I know someone who has a GR II, real nice image quality. He uses that thing everywhere.
My personal issue with this thread is that a really old camera just isnt fun to use because the resulting IQ is so disappointing. At least for me thats clearly a part of my motivation to use a camera.

I had a Ricoh GR Digital IV before, which I didnt use because the IQ was so far behind. I had some Panasonic compact from around 2007 before, which I didnt use either because OMG that IQ was really low, including no raw format, and of course the controls are far behind the Ricoh GR line, too.

My Ricoh GR however sees about as much action as my D750, because the IQ is basically the same. A D750 plus Zeiss Makro-Planar 100mm and Ricoh GR is a really handy combo.

Maybe I am less concerned about absolute IQ , but do love the colours of my Leica Digilux 3 / Panasonic L1 [ body bought cheaply, just in case .... ] .
it's hardly pocket size , but just lovely to use .
Of course , there's always the M8 , but again , it's not a small camera and eats batteries .

Most reactions

Back