Do you crash after a shoot?

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe because I'm still new at it, but after a shoot, I feel mega drained. I have 4 sessions today, and after the first one, which was really fun with a 3 and 4 year old, I am already exhausted. :meh: I may have to start drinking coffee, ha ha.

Marian

I'm actually the opposite. I look forward to getting those photos downloaded to my computer and I'll spend hours editing them the same day.

I'm actually the opposite. I look forward to getting those photos downloaded to my computer and I'll spend hours editing them the same day.

Maybe because I'm still at the gallery and CAN'T download them yet is what's getting me, ha ha. I'm just sitting here waiting for the next "victim". :mrgreen:

I'm a night person, and I usually get done with a shoot early in the night so I am still awake after that. I usually am excited to see the pics so I don't crash afterwards. Oddly enough though, when I do a shoot in the morning and come back in the afternoon, I'm exhausted. :)

I am exhausted after a photoshoot. More exhausted when it's kids running around of course. But, all of them drain me to some extent. (Doesn't mean I don't go and work on them right after though!)

But, weddings. I am more exhausted after shooting a wedding than I am after skating in a full roller derby bout!

I think i've only crashed once after a shoot. It was one I didn't really care about and I had been sleep deprived for about a day. I figured it could wait.

I find if the shoot involves contrived scenes/set ups, absolutely exausting, anything in a studio, products, macro, portraits that stuff.
During the shoot, I'm in the zone, tunnel vision, I dont get tired, [SIZE=-1]I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with, I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dea.......:confused:... *bangs head*.....till I'm happy with the damn shoot.

Afterwards.....I sleep for Team GB....Olympic standard.
[/SIZE]

I dont get tired, [SIZE=-1]I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with, I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dea.......:confused:... *bangs head*.....till I'm happy with the damn shoot.

[/SIZE]

Excellent Terminator 1 reference....bringing that one all the way from 1984...kudos!

I don't really crash from the shoot, but I loose track of time afterward when I got to work on editing. I've sat at the computer for 12 hours straight and only realized how long I was at the terminal when the sun peaked into my windows the next morning.

If I am running film, I don't get so worn. I'm up on my feet and moving around. I notice the time more when I am active than when I am polishing a chair with my butt while sitting at a computer.

I shot yesterday from noon til 6:30 pm, 2 couples, 45 min break in between. I was incredibly tired.

Well, yesterday, I shot a three year old, a four year old, 2 nine year old twins, an 11 year old, another 3 year old, another four year old, and a five year old. The muscles in my thighs ARE KILLING ME! :) Up, down, up, down. I need hydraulic legs.

I am good for 8 to 12 hours. After that my eyes and creativity go south. Then I browse the images just to make sure that everything went as planned. After that it is time for a beer and beats.

Love & Bass

since i really don't shoot for income i normally can't wait to start going through the photo's

Do you crash after a shoot?

Crash my be a bit strong of a word. It's more than a physical experience, and I definitely need a bit of "down time" when it's over. I'm usually "on" for the entire shoot... TOTALLY engaged. If it's a long shoot, it can be very draining.

I've shot weddings for 12 hours before, not even paying attention to the time. Then I leave, get in my car for the 30 minute ride home. When I try to get out of the car, that's when it hits me... I often find myself limping to the front door. Legs, feet, thighs, and shoulders get a little cramped and sore. The next morning I pop a couple Aleeve and that helps alot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back