What's new

Do you ever get the feeling you are being watched?

rocdoc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
330
Reaction score
10
Location
Washington DC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
5165482473_ffcac587b7_b.jpg
[/url]
Oculus by ondionais, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
I didn't have that feeling before, BUT NOW I DO :shock: !!!

;)

Funny find.
Where did you find this?
 
Funny find.
Where did you find this?

Thanks for the comment. This is the Rotunda, at the University of Virginia. A lot of history in this room. The architectural design is by Thomas Jefferson himself, and he oversaw the construction. Apparently New York Times did a survey a while ago of the most beautiful rooms in America, and this one, a round room with this oculus at the top, was voted no.1! I did not really get any good shots of the rest of the room, they were setting up for an event so it was full of dinner tables and other anachronistic junk at the time.
 
And this kind of ceiling lights in a domed ceiling is actually called "oculus"? I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. I love to add words to my English vocabulary, no matter how Latin they are ;) !!
 
I like the way the center appears to enlarge as you look at it for a few seconds.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom