Do you ever use full auto, creative auto, effect, or any preset setting?

Every time I shoot with my iPhone, I let 'er rip in full auto mode. Makes me feel like a Rebel user.

As a nikon user shouldn't you have a blackberry?

I don't think you have a choice with the iPhone anyway ;)

I hardly use full auto, creative auto, effects, or any preset on my dslr. Just curious, what about you?

The closest I EVER get to AUTO is the automatic transmission in my car!

Well, there is the switch on the wall that automatically starts my gas fireplace....

No. I tried them and frankly didn't see much difference between the "modes".

P*

Occasionally I have used P mode with adjustments to Shutter or Aperture which Nikon designates as P*
It can be a very useful mode.

Every time I shoot with my iPhone, I let 'er rip in full auto mode. Makes me feel like a Rebel user.

I wanted to get a Blackberry, but the guy at the store told me they had all been sold to third-world countries and places like Maine...apparently in backwater places they love the Blackberry because Obama had one at one time...

So...I bought an iPhone...

I wanted to get a Blackberry, but the guy at the store told me they had all been sold to third-world countries and places like Maine...apparently in backwater places they love the Blackberry because Obama had one at one time... So...I bought an iPhone...

There is an insult in there somewhere.

Use all the tools you have available. Use them at the right times.

I was on the train at Busch Gardens. I was firing sometimes into the sun, sometimes away from it, sometimes in shade and an moving animals while moving.

Perhaps others could have kept up with light levels in manual mode there, but I could not; so I popped it into sport mode to get it to prioritize shutter (without me having to use a fixed shutter or guess each change) and snapped away. Came out pretty well.

Candids and situations where I didn't have time to think about the settings, I've used the presets. I still have a lot of practicing to do before the M mode becomes second nature and I have a hard time concentrating on camera settings if there is any type of chaos around me (like at my daughters sporting events or something like the Red Sox WS parade) Usually, if I know that will be the situation, I'll just leave the dslr at home and bring my Sony compact zoom.

I wanted to get a Blackberry, but the guy at the store told me they had all been sold to third-world countries and places like Maine...apparently in backwater places they love the Blackberry because Obama had one at one time...

So...I bought an iPhone...

Wow.. Maine? Really? I mean I've been to more than my share of 3rd world hell holes, but never would even consider a trip to Maine. Yikes.

Lol

When I was but a boy of 25, my young wife had bought herself a Sony a230. In my youthful ignorance and ineptitude, I just dutifully lined up that green bar with that little white line. I did OK for a while. Then it happened. I wanted to try things. I wanted to do something. I tried.... MANUAL MODE. I tried it once, just to see how it felt. It wasn't easy, and it took some effort, but it was quite a high. I didn't come back to it right away, but after a few weeks of sweats and convulsions, I had to have more MANUAL MODE. I started using it every chance I could, not even knowing about DOF or EV yet. Then, when I started learning about proper exposure, it took over my life. It was all I could think about. If I was without it for an hour, I would get headaches. A day, sweats and vomiting. I kept making up excuses just to shoot in MANUAL MODE. Then came the intervention. They showed me something. They showed me... Aperture Priority. It was as if a light shone from the heavens upon my DSLR, filling the lens and touching the sensor in... a new way.

Rehab was hard. I've relapsed a few times. I find myself still thinking about it here and there, and even did it just the other day to remind myself of how it feels. But it's not the same now. I have my family and friends to thank for showing me the light. I'm not out of the woods yet, but with continued treatment and therapy, I think I'll be OK after all.

Mostly Manual. On rare occasion either program or aperture mode.

In all honesty, I usually use Aperture Priority, but use Manual Mode when doing things like bathtub splash pics with the built in flash (yes, someone actually uses that thing). Sometimes it's Shutter Priority. With my Olympus, I played with the little creative settings just to see what they did, then never used them again. Like Runnah said, they're for people who don't know how to edit, really. My Canon's seen M, Av, and Tv, because I don't do Auto, don't really use Program, and have no idea how to use the custom ones yet (bought used, no manual, haven't cared to look it up yet).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back