Do you have ...

This thread isn't going as I imagined it. :shock:

This thread isn't going as I imagined it. :shock:
I will be honest now. My imagination can awake me at night to the point where I even keep a pad of paper beside my bed to keep notes. :er: My brain works faster then I can keep up with. I am constantly thinking of things to make, places to shoot, halloween ideas, props to make.
Even replying to this thread, I have started over many times. I can be obsessed with creating stuff, whether it is a photograph, or a model.

Anyways...back to my crypt. :er:

When starting out, a photographer tries to capture what they see. Once they get past a certain point, they try to capture what they envision or imagine how they want that scene to be.

I'd say that I think it would be darned hard, if not impossible, to be a *good* photographer without a strong imagination.

I will be honest now. My imagination can awake me at night to the point where I even keep a pad of paper beside my bed to keep notes. :er: My brain works faster then I can keep up with. I am constantly thinking of things to make, places to shoot, halloween ideas, props to make.
Even replying to this thread, I have started over many times. I can be obsessed with creating stuff, whether it is a photograph, or a model.

Anyways...back to my crypt. :er:

Your work is proof of your imagination.

)'(

I will be honest now. My imagination can awake me at night to the point where I even keep a pad of paper beside my bed to keep notes. ...

I remember an interview where David Bowie said he'd do this when writing.

I guess we know the answer to the question for you then huh?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I do. I try to instigate, develop and excercise my imagination as much as possible- Through dreams, humor, reading, playing, whatever it takes. Without my imagination I would be a machine of some kind I suppose. That would suck.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

I remember an interview where David Bowie said he'd do this when writing.

When our band was gigging, I used to do it then as well. My brain thinks far too much, and if I dont jot down things, I lose them. Just part of my freaky personality. Too much is on my mind. One reason I took up halloween,cartooning, music, photography, and model building. Helps me get my ideas out. :er:

I would like to throw a log on the fire if you don't mind. This is purely from personal experience and observation as well.

This is directed to anyone that has an imagination or would like to excersize theirs or to get out of their photographic rut. Join in Fight Club on Sunday.

Having only one hour to concieve, shoot and post 5 random topics is all about imagination in the real sense. It's not about how purdy yer picchure is. You can confidently post a photo without the fear of some idiot coming along and tearing our fragile egos a new a$$hole. I can only speak for myself, but post processing is out the window.... no time for that, which let's my mind take over and (try to) create an image that speaks for itself. I have filed away a few of my photos in this challenge to go back and do it properly because I impressed myself.

I also find it quite refreshing to see others interpretations of the same subject and how they have creatively imagined the subject.

Just my 2¢.

I would like to throw a log on the fire if you don't mind. This is purely from personal experience and observation as well.

This is directed to anyone that has an imagination or would like to excersize theirs or to get out of their photographic rut. Join in Fight Club on Sunday.

Having only one hour to concieve, shoot and post 5 random topics is all about imagination in the real sense. It's not about how purdy yer picchure is. You can confidently post a photo without the fear of some idiot coming along and tearing our fragile egos a new a$$hole. I can only speak for myself, but post processing is out the window.... no time for that, which let's my mind take over and (try to) create an image that speaks for itself. I have filed away a few of my photos in this challenge to go back and do it properly because I impressed myself.

I also find it quite refreshing to see others interpretations of the same subject and how they have creatively imagined the subject.

Just my 2¢.

You are correct sir. :thumbup::thumbup: To take the pics, use your head for more then a door stopper, get the pics uploaded, posted, all in an hour is crazy but right on.

Admittedly, my imagination is lacking.

I often find myself in photographic slumps. I lose whatever form of motivation I may have had and my camera sits, collecting dust.

These slumps are evident in my other pastimes as well. For instance, I haven't blogged in a ages. Writing is something I enjoy and I like to share that with others. I also enjoy video games as a personal escape, but I haven't touched those in weeks either.

When I first started with photography, I was excited to learn all I could. But (as with any hobby of mine), I soon lose that initial fascination and motivation (and of course, after spending a fair amount of money). After learning so much, I find it difficult to find interesting things to photograph or making normal things worthy of a photograph (compositionally, exposure-ally, etc).

So, I came here looking for inspiration. When I do get ideas, they're usually inspired by those of others more creative than myself. So far, TPF's renewed my interest, but I still haven't picked up the camera. I'm sure I will soon enough...

Admittedly, my imagination is lacking.

I often find myself in photographic slumps. I lose whatever form of motivation I may have had and my camera sits, collecting dust.

These slumps are evident in my other pastimes as well. For instance, I haven't blogged in a ages. Writing is something I enjoy and I like to share that with others. I also enjoy video games as a personal escape, but I haven't touched those in weeks either.

When I first started with photography, I was excited to learn all I could. But (as with any hobby of mine), I soon lose that initial fascination and motivation (and of course, after spending a fair amount of money). After learning so much, I find it difficult to find interesting things to photograph or making normal things worthy of a photograph (compositionally, exposure-ally, etc).

So, I came here looking for inspiration. When I do get ideas, they're usually inspired by those of others more creative than myself. So far, TPF's renewed my interest, but I still haven't picked up the camera. I'm sure I will soon enough...

With every hobby I have had, I become obsessive with it. I took up Cartooning a few years back, before Photography. I even had a few gigs in magazines, one a weekly gig, and got $$$ for it.
Then one day....I got that creative block. I stared at a blank piece of paper....next day...same thing. Third day...same thing. Finally on the 4th day, I packed up everything, paper, pencils, desk and put it away, most likely forever.
I dont want that to happen with my photography. My inspiration does not come from poking around on the forums, but getting my arse outside, putting on some music, walking the streets. The forums are a good learning tool, but also an entertaining place to watch egos bump heads. :lol::lol: I think everyone has their own way of dealing with a creative block. and having a bizarre imagination sure helps sometimes tho.
11.gif

I would like to throw a ...

Sounds like fun and a good workout, but I rarely know even when it is Sunday anymore :) ... Actually, I like to shoot my real estate junk on Saturday and PP on Sunday. Leaves the rest of the week for screwing around.

With every hobby I have had, I become obsessive with it. I took up Cartooning a few years back, before Photography. I even had a few gigs in magazines, one a weekly gig, and got $$$ for it.
Then one day....I got that creative block. I stared at a blank piece of paper....next day...same thing. Third day...same thing. Finally on the 4th day, I packed up everything, paper, pencils, desk and put it away, most likely forever.

I did the cartooning thing for about a year when I was in my 20s. I taught a class, had a weekly thing and sold a few freelance. Too hard coming up with ideas- especially after I started getting drunk all the time. I think I wasn't happy with things. Photography, which came much later, seems to work for me and my imagination. Always something I want to try. Sometimes, when I've had a good day, I feel like throwing everything in the garbage can and moving on, on a high note. I probably would too. I'd like to get more/back into writing, but I know I'd need a picture of something and have to dig all my junk out of the can.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back