Do you like cupcakes? 1 photo for C&C

LuckySe7en

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've never photographed anything that has to do with food. I thought I'd try it out. What do you think?

cupcake.jpg

White balance seems off and the over use of vignette is not my style on a shot like this.

I agree that the vignetting is too strong; perhaps you could lighten up the vignetting a bit? One thing you might also try is to make the background cupcakes actually extend clear out to the edges of the frame...just a thought...

...but I bet there are no longer enough cupcakes around for a re-shoot. Am I right? Did some of those cupcakes give their life for art?

I agree that the vignetting is too strong; perhaps you could lighten up the vignetting a bit? One thing you might also try is to make the background cupcakes actually extend clear out to the edges of the frame...just a thought...

...but I bet there are no longer enough cupcakes around for a re-shoot. Am I right? Did some of those cupcakes give their life for art?

haha yes they did. So you're saying have nothing but cupcakes in the pic?
I did a strong vignette for two reasons
1. I wanted to erase some of the cardboard that would be visible on the top edge
2. I wanted people to notice only the cupcake in focus. Since they're all the same, no need to see the rest

I would also not use the vignette for food. Dark vignettes are not yummy, white would be cleaner, but neither is necessary, imo.

1. If you were trying to hide something, crop it out or clone something in. ;-) From what I can tell the lighting is good, but the balance is a bit pink.

2. I absolutely would want to see the rest! Part of the appeal of a photo like this is light, DOF and lots of cupcakes.

I'll do another edit taking this feedback into account. Thanks for your help.

Agree with too much vignette, cleaner is better ;) I use this kinda of vignettes for wedding pictures of a couple kissing, food? Not really, I'd rather appreciate the whole 'picture' and the colors in a whiter manner ;) they look like yummy cupcakes btw! :) keep practicing with more food, find your angle.

Most reactions

Back