Do you own a SAFE for your equipments?

I live in the fraternity house and since we have an open door policy I sorta am required to have a safe. Since I have close to $10,000 worth of stuff in my room, yea, I have a safe.

I also keep two backup hard drives in there.

The safe is fire proof up to 3hours and water tight.

Even if you live in the safest place on earth, bad guys will still be around. GET A SAFE for things you cant replace!

I am curious, is your safe somewhat hidden and well fastened to the structure?

I live in the fraternity house and since we have an open door policy I sorta am required to have a safe. Since I have close to $10,000 worth of stuff in my room, yea, I have a safe.

I also keep two backup hard drives in there.

The safe is fire proof up to 3hours and water tight.

Even if you live in the safest place on earth, bad guys will still be around. GET A SAFE for things you cant replace!

I am curious, is your safe somewhat hidden and well fastened to the structure?

No, but it weighs 1,000 pounds. Its big and bulky. Its better than just having a backpack that could walk off.

When I get a place of my own, I will have it bolted. I just cant bolt it to a room that I'm renting form the fraternity/campus....

I carry mine to work as well! I just don't like leaving it home alone. It might get lonely. I live in an extremely safe area with virtually no crime at all, but all it would take is that one time. That and if I don't have it, I can't capture the shot, should an opportunity present itself.

Could just move here to Maine. Most people up here don't even lock their doors. Not because their stupid or anything, but it's kind of like a "(bleep) the rest of the world for the crime rate" haha that's just in my delusional mind though, so I don't know the real reasoning to it.

You got 7D dcmoody? Could tell me your exact address? :)

I don't keep my equipment in one but I do have an external hard drive for precious files in a waterproof/fire proof safe. I keep two back-up's; 1 stationary 1 TB external to keep everything on (School work, Pictures Videos, ect...) and then a 300 GB mobile hard drive that I keep all my must have things on (Mainly important documents and pictures)

I have $10,000 in renters insurance for 18 bucks a month...well worth it if you ask me. Plus, if a thief will lug a 75lb tv out of your house, you better believe he'll do the same to your safe...then what? You have no photog equipment, and you wasted more $ on the safe.....hahahha a double whammy!

I have a thirty gun vault made by Liberty. Set me back a bit, but it's fire protected, and just about impossible to break into. Only a real pro could get in and leave the contents undamaged. It's also so god awfully heavy it takes four guys and a huge dolly to move it. Anyway, long story short, I keep my guns in it, all my irreplaceable documents (birth certificate, SS card, some gold coins, ect) in there. Replacement insurance is cheap and good to have, but you still have to go through the claims process, then buy the stuff back, which you often don't get enough to buy new stuff to replace the lost items... I would rather spend a couple thousand up front and get a very high level of protection for the important stuff, and have a policy to supplement it.

And the fire protection is one of the biggest pluses. Some family heirloom that are not replaceable, documents, family photos. I also back up all the important things from my computer HDD to a partable one and keep it stored in the vault. That way I'd still have financial records and photos and business documents even if my place turned into a pile of ash.

Most reactions

Back