Do you passionately love your job?

JonMikal said:
i have such a desire to do something with my photography (as a side line) but have absolutely no clue how to go about it. :oops: maybe one day all these postcard and calender companies will knock on my door and ask to see my stuff :lmao:
Don't wait for them come to your door. Get this book. Surprise the postcard companies with your portfolio! :)

Well my plans will be a reality shortly. I've got a business involving photography that I started this month. I should be out of tech support by June.
Buying studio lights this week!

mr cat,

did you set this up in your home? or are you using a space somewhere else?

md

danalec99 said:
Don't wait for them come to your door. Get this book. Surprise the postcard companies with your portfolio! :)

Thanks! I knew you guys would come through with some great suggestions!

I absolutely HATE my job! I'm an IT manager at an engineering firm. But I get paid not well, just paid.

I really wish I could do something with photography. It would be nice to see some money come back for all I put into it. Or at least a way to defer the costs of everything.

MDowdey said:
mr cat,

did you set this up in your home? or are you using a space somewhere else?

md
The first project will be travelling.
Then the first studio will be out of my home. Something we plan on purchasing by June as well :D

voodoocat said:
Well my plans will be a reality shortly. I've got a business involving photography that I started this month. I should be out of tech support by June.
Buying studio lights this week!
Congratulations and good luck! :thumbsup:

No doubt vcat!!!!! Congrats on making your life more pleasent. And I hope that you will be most successful so much that I'm gonna be looking for a job from ya ASAP :wink:.

Personally I hate my job. I hate no seeing progress and no means to any sort of end. I see the same crap day after day...book after book. I tell my employess the same garbage over and over again. I really want to be a full time artist but haven't reached that plateau yet. :(

I actually don't mind my desk job. I'm an Engineering Technologist, I design portable shelters & custom tarps...mostly for the oil & gas industry. Sounds boring, I know...but it can be quite challenging at times and it's great seeing the results of a job well done.

I'd love to make some money with photography but I also don't want to get burned out. Photography is a creative outlet for me, I'd hate to loose that.

My father is a great roll model for do what you love. He has worked in the music industry for over 30 years. The money was rarely steady but he always loves what he does.

I'd like to extend from my job and actually become a teacher. Well, that isn't exactly extending it, but you get the idea.

Erm, one problem though. I'm **** scared. To put it mildly.

What kind of teaching would you like to do, Ferny?

Big Mike said:
I'd love to make some money with photography but I also don't want to get burned out. Photography is a creative outlet for me, I'd hate to loose that.
I'm very much concerned about that too. If the goal is mass-market, the chances of the said burn out is high. The trick and challenge is to find your select market. And as MD said, I hope the pictures will do that job.

Well my new job (3rd shift Mainframe I/O Operator/Programmer) is better than where I was. At least I can use my brain now but I HATE, no DESPISE,the hours.

I agree with danalec99 also. I need some creativity at my job. And SOON!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back