What's new

Do You Photograph Your Photography Equipment..?

I don't photograph mine, but this strikes me as a very good idea, particularly for insurance purposes. I do photograph any minor equipment that I have to pack in any type of checked luggage - no cameras or lenses, just flashes, filters, tripods, tripod heads and other accessories.

WesternGuy

I also have a pdf file on my phone with the proper name, make, model, serial number, and location of the serial number. So if anything gets stolen, I have immediate access to that info for the local constabulary.

Also, I have my name, address, phone number and email on a .txt file on every memory card.
 
I fixed it so the lettering on your camera isn't backwards.

selfiedoorLarge.jpg
 
$531862_10152236180675416_2060576359_n.webp It's an old photo but I think this is the only one that I have that show me with a camera in my hand or any equipment... even though it's all been replaced.
 
I've been taking photos of my camera gear since the early 1970's, mainly for record purposes. Here's one from 1979:

Cameragear4March1979-18.jpg


My current collection of Canon FD gear:

FDCameras12Feb2013.jpg


My current Canon EOS gear:


Cameragear14Feb2013.jpg


A fun one, with my Sigma 170-500mm:

Sigma170-500T3114Feb2013.jpg


And lastly, I've taken many over the years showing how I take my model railroad photos, this one doing an Xmas card:

XmasCardHowto.jpg
 
Last edited:
Since I do not have all the cool guy gear , No I do not photograph my kit. Besides everyone knows what a D200 likes now.
 
Since I do not have all the cool guy gear , No I do not photograph my kit. Besides everyone knows what a D200 likes now.

Sure there's a cool way of shooting your camera and make it a cool guy gear :-)

Enviado do meu Huawei.
 
Since I do not have all the cool guy gear , No I do not photograph my kit. Besides everyone knows what a D200 likes now.

There's always a cool way of photographing your gear!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Since I do not have all the cool guy gear , No I do not photograph my kit. Besides everyone knows what a D200 likes now.

There's always a cool way of photographing your gear!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mine is photographing my gear... with my wife's gear. :lol:
 
My new religion is not to think about my gear more than a builder thinks about his electric screwdriver. So for me to photograph my photographic gear would be similar to screw a screwdriver.
 
I very rarely do. I have with equipment I've made myself or modified, and If I ever sell on-line any of the spare equipment cluttering my study, I'm sure I will then.
It's possible I might get round to photographing some of my more obscure items, such as the Kaidan 360° adapter (or OTT combinations such as my Bigmos on a micro 4/3 body).

Seems to me there's enough porn on the net already.
 


Snagged this one last night.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom