Do you play an insturment?

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Musical talent = 0 When I was ten, my parents got me a transistor radio -- I couldn't even play that.

TheFantasticG

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gplimages.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Use to play the violin and piano. Started last year learning the guitar but slacked off. I plan on fixing that this year

Sent from my iPhone using Telekenisisisisis

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Used to play the piano. My mother still has my old piano. I'd love to get it restored/restrung (hasn't been tuned in 30 years!) and start playing again.
Ditto, except my mother eventually gave the piano to my older sister. We all took lessons and played for some years, but she also played the flute and kept up with the piano longer than me. I'm glad she has it, and it still gets used. That's what matters! :)

sneakypete

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
used to play sax (alto). always wanted to play piano. anyone successfully learn piano as an adult? I keep telling myself I will learn once things start to slow down.

b_twill

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Does a kazoo count???
No music talent here, but I keep telling myself that someone has to be in the audience! :headbang:

OP
JustJazzie

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
OHH! So much talent on one forum. Guess its time to start up the "TPF band/orchestra" :giggle:

Musical talent = 0 When I was ten, my parents got me a transistor radio -- I couldn't even play that.
Gonna have to go have a chat with uncle google about this one......
Does a kazoo count???
No music talent here, but I keep telling myself that someone has to be in the audience! :headbang:
Absolutely!! Its my favorite instrument (well, second to children screaming of corse)

rexbobcat

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I can play the flute. Not as well as I used to but I picked it up a few months ago and could get some tunes out.

I was in marching band in HS and flute is the only instrument I really enjoyed because it played the melody/treble. Rhythm/base instruments were sooooo boring comparatively.

MichaelHenson

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Started on piano (my mom taught me) at about 5, moved on to sax in middle school. Picked up a bass at 12 years old...put it down for just long enough to learn some chords on acoustic...now I'll play guitar, bass and sing every week at least a couple times at church.

DoctorDino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I play guitar, bass, and piano. I have five guitars (3 electric, 2 acoustic) and a bass.

Because I play in front of people a lot, I mostly play acoustic guitar in the style of Ed Sheeran. I started listening to Sheeran when I realized I use the same guitar as him. We both create a type of percussion by slapping/picking the guitar, and Sheeran layers in his noises with different loop pedals until he gets the sound he wants.

nerwin

Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
I use to play the electric guitar. In fact, my fender strat HSS is stuffed in my closet. I just lost interest in electric guitar...but still want to pick up a nice acoustic and maybe I'll play more often.

Karsyn Taelyr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I play guitar, piano, and a little bit of bass! I reallyy wish I could play violin and cello too! I've heard they're super hard to learn, but I still love them! My dream instrument is the drums! It's just too loud for our neighbors!

LakeFX

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
That's what electronic drum sets are for! They don't feel the same as a real kit, but if you are just learning to play they feel a lot like practice pads, which is another quiet way to go.

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
As a kid, trombone for several years and piano very briefly. On the piano, I think my first and last song was Chopsticks. I could never get my hands to do different things at the same time. :BangHead:

Starting tinkering with the ukulele as of recent.

Most reactions

ClickASnap