How to send a polite "EFF YOU" to someone who you would think would know better...

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm taught to assume positive intent at work.

That's leaking over into my personal life, and I hate it, because then it means that when I get an e-mail from my booking inquiry form on my website, or to my Facebook business page inbox, I immediately start to positively assume that it's a client inquiry.

TODAY'S disappointment was the following:

C D says:

Hi my name is C. My daughter and I own a Modeling/Runway Fashion Show business. We will be holding an event in Nashville in March and we are looking for Photographers that would be interested in coming to the event and shooting photos of the kids walking the runway! Photographers would shoot behind the scenes and while on runway, they would watermark the images and post them and can offer them for sale for parents to purchase if they wish. So there is an opportunity for the photographers to get their name out to new potential customers and to benefit from the show.

They event will be March 29th in Nashville We are still working with the venue for exact location in Nashville.

We are also looking for a few photographers that would be at the event that would be willing to donate a few photo shoots after the event for prizes for winning models. Some offer a shoot with 5 free images then shoot extras and offer them at a discount prize.

Models from across the US will be in attendance so this is a great way to pull in new local fans as well as others near and far.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks C

C,

I am currently unavailable to shoot without compensation. If any of your models local to this area would like to have a session dedicated to building their portfolio with professionally shot images, at a later date occurring after the event, please feel free to send them my way. I will be more than happy to set up a pre-shoot consultation with them to discuss their needs for their session and the costs associated.

Good luck with everything!

-Emily

C D says:
Thanks so much for getting back with us! Right now we are only sending models to those who are offering prizes If you would like to donate a session for winners and then take extras to sale perhaps.

If not thats ok Thanks for getting back to us !

Now I admittedly COULD have just left it there... I could have... but I'm HARDCORE PMSing right now, and I relish any opportunity to release my PMS-induced wrath on anyone other than my husband, so that I can continue to move forward happily in my marriage... :biglaugh: :lmao:

SO... instead of letting it go... I wrote her back:

And I assumed as much. I was just offering, just in case there was anyone who would like a full dedicated session, verses just 5 shots after the event.

As it stands right now, that method of working does not fit in with my brand or business model, as I like to develop a relationship with my clients prior to our actual session. I feel that it produces better images, and results and happier clients in the end.

Quickly shooting 5 images for clients I haven't previously met, would most likely yield images below my standards, and would do nothing to further my business, portfolio, or my name.

The way my business is structured also has my session fee separate from my images and product. When I donate my time for causes such as auctions or events, that is all I donate (time), and then all prints, products, and images are purchased separately at their full rate, not a discounted rate. My rate is also generally higher than what most people expect to pay, so I would be hesitant to donate a session for the winner of your event without them having prior knowledge of all that, because clients suffering from sticker-shock after having their session completed is not good for anyone involved... Which is why I hold pre-shoot consultations, and why the idea of shooting a session immediately following the event does not fit with my business model.

I am flattered that you reached out to me, because I would assume you would have only done so if you liked my work, so thank you. However, at this time I don't believe it will be possible for me to contribute anything to this event.

Again, good luck with everything, and I hope everything runs smoothly for you as you pull the final details together!

Have a great day!

TRANSLATION= "You can take your stupid runway show and shove it up where the sun don't shine" = [CENSORED ADULT LANGUAGE]

And the REASON I say she should know better... is because APPARENTLY... apparently... she's a photographer as well... although I promise you the NEWBIES here, generally speaking, probably know their way around a camera better than that broad. To give you an idea... I looked her up and I don't even think she has a website. Just her Facebook page. And her pricing and information is writing within Facebook Notes on that page. She doesn't even have a free Wix page. Which irritates me further... I'm not the best photographer in the world... I have a lot of learning to do still... but if you LOOK at my work... I mean... do I REALLY... REAAAAAALLY come across as someone who would just... I dunno... give it all away and then some?

C'mon man.

Wake the f*** up.

GAH! I hate people. :madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::madass::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

/rant

Interesting.....but now tell us what you really think.

Sending a polite FU is quite easy. Just remember, Caligraphy and some of that heavy bond manilla paper, your all set. Make sure to put some extra flourish on the F. People really appreciate it when you go that extra mile.

Funny thing about people, they have this really awful tendancy to assume that everyone else thinks just like they do - I have little doubt that this "broad" probably would have jumped at the opportunity to be asked to shoot at any event even if it was for free. As a result naturally she just assumes that everyone else would as well.

Sending a polite FU is quite easy. Just remember, Caligraphy and some of that heavy bond manilla paper, your all set. Make sure to put some extra flourish on the F. People really appreciate it when you go that extra mile.

Funny thing about people, they have this really awful tendancy to assume that everyone else thinks just like they do - I have little doubt that this "broad" probably would have jumped at the opportunity to be asked to shoot at any event even if it was for free. As a result naturally she just assumes that everyone else would as well.

You're 100% right... but it still irritates me. :lol:

Your a bit of a phsyco i wouldn't want get on the wrong side of you :)

AND DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT! :gun::gun::gun::gun:

It's the Latina in me... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol: I married into my last name. It's a coverup. :biglaugh: :lmao:

She might just be hittin' up every photographer she can. Some people will try anything... she'll probably find some suckers to do it and the pictures won't be that good and the models will start dropping out cause they got crappy pictures and what she's trying to do will hopefully run its course sooner than later.

Maybe try stompin' your own grapes, take out your frustrations and make alcohol beverages at the same time.

She might just be hittin' up every photographer she can.

I'm positive that's what she's doing. It's still frustrating, haha.

Maybe try stompin' your own grapes, take out your frustrations and make alcohol beverages at the same time.

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!!!

Someone find me some white grapes!!!!!! :lmao: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You're 100% right... but it still irritates me. :lol:

Well then perhaps a less polite version of the FU. Have you considered parking a jeep on her face? While not as traditional as some other forms of RSVP, it sure is a lot easier that learning Caligraphy. just saying :)

Wow! Emily, that was a PERFECTLY composed, VERY PROFESSIONAL response that you can be very proud of.

I'm kinda glad you didn't spice it up, even though you probably thought about it.

Most reactions

Back