Do you think this tripod would work wih my set up

notoriouslightning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am very well aware that I should invest in a great high dollar tripod but for now I need something on the cheaper end. Under $100. That said does anyone think this tripod would work with my set up? I shoot with a 100mm macro, and xti body. This particular tripod is a Slik sprint mini.
http://www.amazon.com/Slik-Sprint-T...UTF8&coliid=IA2MNZ7G50E7Y&colid=14HABMX6BSE69

Any other particular recommendations? I would like to get it through amazon. Thanks a lot for any help.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Two things that would concern me is:

1) Maximum Height is only 43". (Just above my navel.)

2) Maximum Weight Capacity is only 5.1 lbs. (Weigh your gear setup)

Is $100 your max budget?

With your combo ( a macro lens) I don't see where it would be a problem.

Check out B&H and Adorama also. I don't like amazon, but thats just personel.

The tripod I am asking about is sold through amazon but the seller is Adorama. My xti with 100mm macro weight 2.27 lbs and the tripod say it will hold up to 3.5 the max height is a little short but I will mainly use it for macro. Thanks for the help

I shoot with a 100mm macro.

Homer.jpg

Missed that part.

A good rule of thumb is a sturdy tripod should weigh the same or even more than your gear your going to mount on it.

Well if thats the case my gear out weighs the tripod by 10 ounces. Any recommendations for other tripods close to or less than $100? Anyone have a used bogen manfrotto?

Well if thats the case my gear out weighs the tripod by 10 ounces. Any recommendations for other tripods close to or less than $100? Anyone have a used bogen manfrotto?

Have you looked around at used gear? I know at home, between the local used store, and the second-hand websites, there are always a good selection. I can't see that one from work, however the description strikes me as one which won't satisfy your needs for long. Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

PNA, I called 12 pawn shops here in Austin and zero tripods. So I may be able to get together $115 for this bogen manfrotto, any thoughts, any one have any experience with it?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/428998-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_725B_725B_Digi_Black_Tripod.html

You can't go wrong with a Manfrotto......I personlly have model 3021PRO and am quite pleased. Don't know the going price, the wife bought for me it a few years back. It has the 3030 head.

I think I am going to go with the manfrotto 725b. For the price it seems like a good ball head tripod to start with. I think I may still wait a few week to search around, but this one seems like the best for the price range.

Most reactions

Back