Time Lapse Camera

Billyston18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone and thank you for the very warm welcome to the forum, I am here to ask an extremely amateur question!

I am looking specifically for a time lapse camera only. The idea being the camera does the whole timelapse function without me having to attach it to a computer. The aim is to timelapse some artwork I am creating but in a place where it would be very inconvenient to take my computer (especially as I do not have a laptop).
What I need for the camera would be

• shot intervals of around 3 seconds (less would be fine as I can always speed up the video when editing it)
  • High resolution HD images of at least 1080
  • It would turn images to video so I would only need to edit the video segments together, rather than working with thousands of images
  • Manual focus (autofocus, light adjustment etc etc would generally ruin the video)
  • Basically a camera (hopefully cheap but I am guessing this may not be the case) that can just record timelapse as video files ready for me to video edit
If this is too much to ask I would of course be ok to use a video camera and just speed up the files but I really am finding it hard to find anything like this. It seems like such a big market that has nothing in it. I really do not want to end up buying a top of the range camera when I am only going to use it for one thing.

I did initially look at this camera on amazon (I cant post links so here is the title) -

'Campark® 4k Wifi Ultra HD Waterproof Sports Action Camera Time Lapse and Slow Motion Video Recording (Black)'
As you can see it is a cheaper knock off to the gopro series but then I started thinking does it have manual focus, could not find any information and noticed it had a wide angle lens which does not really suit me. The thing I am looking for is to do time lapse videos similar to what 'Dark Design Graphics' does on youtube (once again I can't post links so just search for it if you want) I asked them how they did it and Alasdair replied that he uses a webcam connected to his computer, very informatively and a really nice guy but just doesn't help me for what I am looking for.

Either way I am sure this is a huge post and a very amateur question but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

smakk.png

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Olympus will do everything you want on any of the EM cameras. You can pick up a used EM10mkii pretty cheap. Here is a video how to setup.

While you can capture the "frames" with any camera (and make the movie w/a computer) only some cameras have the ability to assemble the frames into a movie in the camera itself (no computer needed).

Here's a video showing a Canon EOS Rebel T7i. Be careful with camera selection as not _every_ camera has the ability to assemble the frames into a movie. In the Rebel series, the T7i and the SL2 have this built-in.

Most reactions

Back