What's new

do you use the lens pouch at all?

From my point of you it makes sense to use pouch only when you need to store youe lense outside your bag e.g. in the drawer. I do not use them since all my lenses are in my bag...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
 
never use it, since i use a camera bag and dry cabinet
 
I use them all the time, even when I have my lenses in a nice Pelican hard case.

Why else do you think Nikon would bother to included them?
 
I used to use them when I didn't have a camera bag and when my regular bag was rather, unsuitable for keeping lenses side by side without them bashing against each other. Since getting a camera bag I've not used the regular bags at all, the camera bag has more than enough padding and the added bulk of the pouches would just add bulk to the setup and slowdown lens access.
 
I have a small bag that doesn't fit everything at once, but I rarely need everything at once. Usually it holds a body, 24-70, a couple primes and a flash (plus the little junk) or other times I'll remove the primes and flash and add my 70-200 in there. If I think I need it all I'll go with the first configuration and carry the 70-200 in it's case. I had planned on getting a bigger bag to fit everything but the one I have now is heavy enough as it is. For what I do I rarely have a need to have "everything" at once.
 
Yes.. I put my Ipod Touch in one when I am not listening to music! Lenses go in the camera bag...
 
yes, and then they are placed in my camera bag as well.
 
TBH I don't even remember getting a lens pouch with any of my lenses... A couple of them came with a case which I promptly threw away even though I didn't have a padded bag for the longest time :)

Seriously, when I started working as a photog I was more worried about getting the lens on the body double-quick-time than about its cosmetic well being... So, yes, my lenses looked and still look well used but who cares?

Have you taken a look at a carpenter's hammer? It may not look pretty but, if it still pounds a nail in, who cares?
 
I never use them either. I take the lenes out of the box and put it in my camera bag leaving the little baggy in the box that the lenes came in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom