Does anybody know if..

silentanathema

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The student and teacher editions of Photoshop CS5.5 extended editions are the same as the CS5 i could buy in the store? I have tried to compair the 2 on their website and i think they are the same but i just wanted to make sure.
Thanks for any help. :)

They are exactly the same -- however the license terms are different.

Joe

Actually the licence terms have cleared up now - the only differences (as I recall it) are:

1) They require proof of your being in a teaching/student position in order to be activated.

2) Student/teacher editions won't allow you a cheaper upgrade to a newer version of photoshop. You can of course get a new student/teacher discount copy of a new version (but you can't use a teacher/student version to get a cheap upgrade on a regular retail copy). Of course for a new version you have to re-prove that you are still a teacher/student

Thank you very much for the quick response!!!! I am a student at a community college (again) just to take some classes for fun and have been wanting to get CS5. thanks again!!!

Adobe only sells CS5 Extended as a Student Edition, not the regular CS5.

Extended has both 3D and scientific editing capabilities the regular CS5 lacks.

Don't you only get one license with the education discount, where as you get two with the full version? Not a factor if you only plan on using the software on one computer....

p!nK

Yeah im just using it on one computer but if i find out it comes with more than 1 licence i will let everybody know. Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back