Does anyone else have this problem?

One of my shooting buddies is doing a 365/Photo-A-Day project and said that after doing this for 4 months he's able to pre-visualize the shots before he takes them...or as he put it..."I see the shot in my head before I bring my 5D up to my eye..." I've noticed a change in his pictures since he started his 365, they're more creative and visually striking.

Happens all the time; with me,its down to impatience. I really must learn to control it or I'm going nowhere1

Try shooting with both eyes open. helps me out.

Yeah, this happens with me too. There's something about seeing the shot through the viewfinder that makes it harder to give an honest critique. I think that only after it's done and printed, or on computer screen, that you can see it as a "final" product and make your first impressions based on your natural criticism.

Here's the thing... as you shoot more and more and critique your own photos more and more... you will learn from your past mistakes and learn to look out for certain things while you're shooting. You should be learning from others' mistakes as well. It will become second nature to look out for certain problems in your picture before you take the shot.

Most reactions

Back