Does anyone own a Cornu Week-End Bob Camera?

star camera company

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I reeeealy want one, can’t find one. Bwwaaaaaa

In France, I have been seeking during years for this Week end Bob and could not find one to buy.
Too sad........
This very rare camera was based on the body of the Reyna series and was sold by Grenier and not directly by Cornu. You may see some different variations of the Week end Bob and associated technical specifications in this great website directed by Sylvain Halgand.

http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x/html/page_standard_eng.php?id_appareil=969

A good description of this gem can be seen in the French Book "Histoire des appareils Français - Période 1940-1960" >By Bernard Vial - Maeght Editeur

That’s a cool looking camera. Haven’t seen one before.

D8229173-A898-4DDD-B3B5-84776BD28770.jpeg
A63CA073-4037-489E-BDBA-EACFD105A67F.jpeg Cool camera but Much Cooler Name! I’ll admit that’s what attracted me to it. I’ll hunt one down, eventually, you know as a collector, the thrill is in the hunt! It’s like looking for an albino squirrel.

Last edited:
I you continue to fail finding a Week End Boy you may console yourself buying one of its succesors.
This is what i did with these two cameras from my collection:

A Baby Sem manufactured by SEM on the basis of the body designed by Cornu

SEM - Baby Sem [418] small 001.jpg

SEM - Baby Sem small 003.jpg

Or a SEM Kim on the same basis

SEM - Kim type 1354 [219] small 022.jpg

These cameras are not as sophisticated as the Week End Boy but for lack of thrust, we eat blackbirds (French proverb)

SEM Baby SEM - Photo Hall 1950.jpg

E271E82C-91B4-4F6E-9FD3-E63483D560E8.jpeg
I’ve been lucky and found a Cornu Ontobloc I in Fantastic condition with case. Much smaller than one would think! Film in.

Hmmmmmm, hadn't heard of them. Interesting little thing.

Great find !
The Ontobloc 1 is rather rare even in its country of origin.
This one is special because of the Prontor shutter. The Ontobloc 1 being normally fitted with a Coronto shutter (1/300 sec) designed and built by Cornu

C861A34B-9E95-49D1-AA8D-5E8D428FBAF0.jpeg
Funny thing is, it’s an eBay purchase from a (non camera ) seller only about 60 miles from me here in New Jersey! “old French camera” + 1 picture + a 39$ BIN! I’m not sure the camera has been ever used. No trace of the wear you see from film travel at all. I did have to clean the optics, it’s a 4 element Som Berthiot Flor f 3.5 50. Only the front element focuses. Other related models of this camera use the ledgendary Boyer Saphire 3.5 50. Sizewise, it compares to the Rollei 35, But with a fixed lens about 10mm further out. No strap lugs :-( I did get a very well made case with the camera, but the strap rings are gone. •••• Aside from a Great lens, it has a self timer and double exposure prevention, Solid clamshell cast Aluminum body with massive lightseal. The viewfinder is....not too good. Shiny inside with poorly made image (weird). Frankly I’d rather have the Prontor II shutter possibly a late production change from the in house shutter? I understand 25,000 of this Model were made, mine is # 23793. Shooting some 100 BW shortly. The overall finish is a hard semigloss Black crinkle paint. Really easily gripped, some sharp edges but it holds well. Weight is 437 grams. The wind knob is sort of in the way of your shutter finger. The button has a long travel and easy release. Typical nearly silent shutter. Sweet esoteric device!

Last edited:
82CF8C69-1983-4B30-A2AA-E2FEA5542050.jpeg
Oh WOW! Shot a Roll All Good. What a nice camera to use!

Thanks So Much for this information! Curious...how does the fr 7,290, adjusted for inflation, translate to USD current? ••. I’m VERY impressed with this camera. It’s a candidate for being my prime used “grab” camera. Today I’m making a compact half case for it.

Most reactions

Back