Does anyone want to edit my picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigiphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have photoshop and I'm learning very slowly but I'm trying to put a lighter background on this picture since it's so dark. Was wondering if anyone wanted to play around with it.
DSC_0531.jpg

ehh i dunno.

Not very sharp picture + hair = mess.

It takes a really sharp picture to be able to do clipping paths well, and a sharp picture this is not. it would be easier and less time consuming to try and do it right the first time. Also if you can't, at least try to work with what you have and givemore exposure if needed.

You could try bumping the exposure, like he said. Or, alternately, adding curves. It's going to be difficult with the hair.

Go into your layers palette and click on the circle with one half dark and one half light. Choose curves from the pop-up menu.

This is putting an adjustment layer over the image, which means that you aren't editing the image directly (you can undo all of it).

Pull the curve until the background is how you want it, ignoring how it is making the girl look.

Click out, and make sure that you are still on the curve layer in your layers palette. Then click on the brush tool and choose black. You can then paint away the areas that you don't want to be affected by the curve, i.e., the girl.

However, you will have to go in and do the individual hairs with a small brush, so it is going to be a pain.

Hope that helps.

DSC_0531.jpg

I primarily just added some fill light with lightroom. Don't have photoshop up and running yet. It looks like the background was black or dark gray?

ehh i dunno.

Not very sharp picture + hair = mess.

It takes a really sharp picture to be able to do clipping paths well, and a sharp picture this is not. it would be easier and less time consuming to try and do it right the first time. Also if you can't, at least try to work with what you have and givemore exposure if needed.

I'm sorry is this not a beginner's forum????

Yeah?

Well, you rely too much on post processing and gimmicks.

:p

Yeah?

Well, you rely too much on post processing and gimmicks.

:p

In what you've seen maybe....you no nothing but what you have seen. Keep up discouraging new people. Must make your day!

I know C&C is and can hurt some feelings, being a designer I know all too well about that. I have seen women cry from C&C in person, but in the long run they were better designers for it. However, on the other hand, this IS a beginners forum and while I think a lot of the work, or at least the saving of it later, could have been done on the front end of this image, the fact remains that it wasn't.

She is merely trying to get some help and guidance. Being a designer, I would never ask someone to "play" or mess around with my work as I would want to learn myself and figure it out.

Direction and guidance can be taken, given and mistrewed in many different ways. Not taking sides here, just can see it from both sides of the fence. If it's taken too personally it will close her off from future C&C's. However, at the same time, if we are all too concerned about her feelings then we won't help her progress as a good photographer.

So what you post on your website isn't an example of your "best" work to show potential customers? 75% of those are selective color.

What I have seen, is you posting photo after photo, asking how to fix it in post, rather than asking how to get it right with the camera.

I know C&C is and can hurt some feelings, being a designer I know all too well about that. I have seen women cry from C&C in person, but in the long run they were better designers for it. However, on the other hand, this IS a beginners forum and while I think a lot of the work, or at least the saving of it later, could have been done on the front end of this image, the fact remains that it wasn't.

She is merely trying to get some help and guidance. Being a designer, I would never ask someone to "play" or mess around with my work as I would want to learn myself and figure it out.

Direction and guidance can be taken, given and mistrewed in many different ways. Not taking sides here, just can see it from both sides of the fence. If it's taken too personally it will close her off from future C&C's. However, at the same time, if we are all too concerned about her feelings then we won't help her progress as a good photographer.

thank you and I do want cc it can just be done in a nicer way then some people like to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back