I know C&C is and can hurt some feelings, being a designer I know all too well about that. I have seen women cry from C&C in person, but in the long run they were better designers for it. However, on the other hand, this IS a beginners forum and while I think a lot of the work, or at least the saving of it later, could have been done on the front end of this image, the fact remains that it wasn't.
She is merely trying to get some help and guidance. Being a designer, I would never ask someone to "play" or mess around with my work as I would want to learn myself and figure it out.
Direction and guidance can be taken, given and mistrewed in many different ways. Not taking sides here, just can see it from both sides of the fence. If it's taken too personally it will close her off from future C&C's. However, at the same time, if we are all too concerned about her feelings then we won't help her progress as a good photographer.