I want to thank you for what you did. I wasn't at all looking for free labor. I want to know how to do it but I also asked if anyone wanted to do it. I hope that I have not offended you in anyway.
No worries, not offended in the least- I really enjoy playing around with pictures, and your little girl is precious
I do think, though, that you don't need to have your defenses up quite so high if you want to post pictures here. Behind what is easily perceived as sarcasm and rudeness on some replies to you was actually sincere, good advice. One rule I always try to follow when interacting on internet forums is this:
"Don't reply as though you're taking it personally or having a conversation with a single person. Interact with the subject at hand, not the individuals."
This works well to keep in mind especially when people seem rude or feel the temptation to interpret their replies as mean-ness directed your way.
As far as what I did, I wasn't sure if you'd want to use it because I kind of threw it together. I used a backdrop from another image I had done, and magic-lasso'd your picture onto it. Then I feathered her hair, and cloned over the strands that were too thin to work around (making it look like she had her hair cut..)
Then I healed the edges, brought up the exposure, saturation, color temp, and decreased the shadows. Then brightened the eyes with the brush, sharpened them as well. Then I healed her skin, blurred it to make it softer, and dodged the eyes one last bit.
After that, I applied the orton effect with soft light to get the nice soft-glow feel all over.