Does Dell make anything worth even considering for a portable workstation?

Sorry to digress a tad specially as a newbie but I thought it may be of relevance. I spoke with an Apple rep in the UK last week and they are toying with the idea of a IPad for in the field Pro photographers so they can edit to a fair degree and send using a unit that is far more camera bag friendly than having lug around a Lap top.
I will be interested to see what happens in the next 12 months or so.
That will be great when they launch the 24" iPad with the pen tablet attachment, and the calibration hardware so the display can be calibrated for the in the field ambient light each time it's used.

Woah Keith -- I was an iPad doubter too, but I have now experienced sublime truth. Why do you think Steve just stepped down as Apple CEO? Cancer? No! His Zen vision of personal minimalism has finally be realized. I just completed the ultimate iPad experience and watched the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy on an iPad. Did you know that Peter Jackson actually worked closely with Steve to film the trilogy so that its critical scenes could only be best realized on the iPad screen? And the sound track.... strip all the high fidelity away and reduce the score to its pure iPad essence --- indescribable! I can't wait till February. I'm going to watch the Superbowl on my iPhone and attain Nirvana.

Joe

P.S. One of my friends at the college bought one and let me play with it. I took a hard look at the display. It does some cool stuff and the screen is quite good -- bests many of the laptops out there. However, it remains barely useable for photo display. Datacolor has released an iPad calibration app that works with Spider3 -- that helps. But the bottom line remains the bottom line; you can't make a lame horse race.

Most reactions

Back