Does it bother anyone else...

Those things don't bother me, but what does bother me is when people I am with try to point out things I should shoot. "That tree would make a good shot" or "Why don't you take a picture of that church?". let me pick what I think will make a worthy shot please. I know they are just trying to be helpful, but it makes me insane.

PlasticSpanner said:
You ever thought about anger management courses? :lol:

I already did.

They told me to focus my negative energy into something creative.

...or something.

Harpua said:
Those things don't bother me, but what does bother me is when people I am with try to point out things I should shoot. "That tree would make a good shot" or "Why don't you take a picture of that church?". let me pick what I think will make a worthy shot please. I know they are just trying to be helpful, but it makes me insane.

HAHAHA. Yeah, I had that problem with one friend and just started giving her my camera to take the shots.

...then she became a photographer.

....damnit.

bace said:
Hey, I'm not saying that I hate people for taking crap shots. I'm saying I want to smack them with the camera and then show them how to use it.

Das all.
Why would you want to smack 'em if they are happy with the images they take?

danalec99 said:
Why would you want to smack 'em if they are happy with the images they take?

Why do you insist on taking everything I say literally.

I'm obviously not going to smack anyone. I obviously don't care about their pictures. I just feel the need to express how aggitating it is to see someone in the process of taking a bad picture. Specially when I know how easy it is to take a good one.

:thumbup:

bace said:

I'm obviously not going to smack anyone. I obviously don't care about their pictures. I just feel the need to express how aggitating it is to see someone in the process of taking a bad picture. Specially when I know how easy it is to take a good one.

It's not easy for everyone.

bace said:

Nope, I did not take your words literally!

I was speaking to everyone who looks down on point and shooters. I do understand your feelings about looking down on the lesser souls. But, when we realize that we were one of them, those feelings tend to fade away.

I don't know about you, but I was among the point and shooter gang, who knew crap about composition and lighting, as I know now. If I were exposed to photojournalism/documentary wedding photography, I would never ever have let a traditional photographer cover our wedding (just because it is not the style that I prefer... btw, the trad. wedding phtograher did an excellent job).

My point is, they (the p&s gang) are oblivious to the errors they make.

We all are a work in progress!

I gotta side with danalec's point on this, I started out with my point and shoot, no viewfinder, digital camera just over a year ago, and I took some god awful shots at first. But as time went on, the photos I took stated to suck a bit less, but I couldnt have gotten where I am now if I hadn't taken those horrible shots.

That being said, I do have a little private giggle everytime I see someone at a hockey game or someplace like that trying to use their flash and their tini zoom lens to take pictures of the players...then they look puzzled when all they have is a greyed out shot of the row in front of them...

Someone charged £200 or £300 to a charity organisation for a website which is all done with badly done frames and bravenet stuff...that really annoys me

yes bace, i agree...i think you should have a liscence to use a camera...

Artemis said:
Someone charged £200 or £300 to a charity organisation for a website which is all done with badly done frames and bravenet stuff...that really annoys me

So you started out taking masterpeices?

Holy smokes.

I know everyone has to start somewhere. It grates my nerves that I can't just go up to them and show them. Drunken strangers in clubs aren't exactly going to take a lesson from me are they.

Artemis, I think you should think about the below statement, and how that would make someone who doesn't yet know anything about cameras or photography feel. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if you were that person.

Artemis said:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back