Does it worry you that Flickr is owned by Yahoo?

Alex I hope you are a kidder!!! lol

It's not really about the money for me but it will be the first photo place I give my money too and I intend on spending a lot of "time" uploading and sorting..
I do have them on two harddrives a disk (in my digi frame) and uploaded to a photo printing site.. but as far as showing them off I like Flickr...

The Yahoo thing just bothers me I read about the Microsoft thing, which made me think that is a lot of money to loose their shares went down a lot after that..
I didnt' know they were in talks again.
Also I have never been a fan of Yahoo exactly as someone else said needing a Yahoo account as well and then I had to move it or something because mine was too old.. yadda yadda..

I think the thing is that that the current flickr model works. Should someone come along thereafter and force a change of model onto users, you can bet that some of those providing the current model will jump ship to somewhere they can recreate it.

I actually like Yahoo, so no. It worries me that Microsoft is trying to get it though.. I really hate Microsoft.

I like yahoo too, use it for news and sports and flickr.

And their free card games and what not are fun too.

I will be pulling out if MS takes over, even if they dont change it, I cant stand MS.

Because you still use computers. Microsoft has influenced so much in the computing world that even if you're using an Apple computer, MS has influenced it. You're claiming that if MS takes over Yahoo and doesn't change anything, you're out.

Well, you should have quit using computers a long time ago.

computers are something I have to use, for work or pleasure doesnt matter, its a fact I have to use computers. MS at work Mac at home.

MS owned Flickr I do not have to use, I can go somewhere else if I choose.

If I have a choice, I will always choose non MS.

computers are something I have to use, for work or pleasure doesnt matter, its a fact I have to use computers. MS at work Mac at home.

MS owned Flickr I do not have to use, I can go somewhere else if I choose.

If I have a choice, I will always choose non MS.

No you don't. You could choose to get a job that doesn't involve you using computers.

You could also choose not to be so childish about saying you wouldn't use Flickr if MS bought Yahoo

You always have a choice.

I never knew MS invested in Apple... this is a first for me.

Press release:

Microsoft will develop and ship future versions of its popular Microsoft Office productivity suite, Internet Explorer and other Microsoft tools for the Mac platform.
•
Apple will bundle the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser with the Mac OS, making it the default browser in future operating system software releases.
•
The companies agreed to a broad patent cross-licensing agreement. It paves the way for the two companies to work more closely on leading-edge technologies for the Mac platform.
•
Apple and Microsoft plan to collaborate on technology to ensure compatibility between their respective Virtual Machines for Java and other programming languages.
•
To further support its relationship with Apple, Microsoft will invest $150 million in non-voting Apple stock.

Admittedly it's not so much investment as cooperation, but still.

No you don't. You could choose to get a job that doesn't involve you using computers.

You could also choose not to be so childish about saying you wouldn't use Flickr if MS bought Yahoo

You always have a choice.

I stand by what i said before, I will stop using flickr and yahoo, well maybe not yahoo, I love their sports and fantasy sports coverage, if MS takes over.

I dont care about Apple and MS cooperating, they have been doing that for a long time. How long has MS office been available for Apple? Im sure they were probably working together long before then too.

I cant stand MSN.com, I cant for sure say why, I just dont like it. The layout perhaps? the colors? I dont know.

I used Hotmail years ago, after getting a yahoo email address after that I never used it again.

I had MSN messenger years ago, once I used AOL messenger I stopped using it.

I never owned a Windows machine, until 2 years ago when I was given one. When it died I went back to Apple. Im on a windows machine right now at work, while it works fine, I dont prefer it. Cant really put a finder on why

Me and MS's products and services just do not get along very well. I will admit I kind of like Outlook, but that could be because ive never used a mail service that wasnt web based except for my work email through outlook.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back