Does Post Processing take away from photography?!

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does editing a photo and adjusting colors/hues/luminance/etc that wasn't necessarily there to begin with, still make it photography?!?!At first I was all like "yeah for sure, duh darkroom 2012 style", but then I was all like "composite is like dreamland sometimes. I could make a model ride a shark"...

TEST.

Last edited:
YAY the 16th post about post processing this weekend!

Yes post processing detracts from actual photography.

</troll comment>

Does editing a photo and adjusting colors/hues/luminance/etc that wasn't necessarily there to begin with, still make it photography?!?!At first I was all like "yeah for sure, duh darkroom 2012 style", but then I was all like "composite is like dreamland sometimes. I could make a model ride a shark"...

TEST.

Cool! I want to see that Composite! lol!

I think it is like anything else.. overdone, it can be an issue. But there has to be some due to the very nature of Digital photography!

When I was in High School, I made a picture of the Sky, with clouds, and kittens sitting on the clouds and fish swimming around in the sky. No Joke. Pretty sure that was when photoshop was newww :D

I just took a photo of a model, but she said she didn't have time to go tanning and didn't want to appear pale, so she asked if I could help make her skin appear tan.I pondered and walked back in with orange insta-tan. She said "NO I meant in post"... I said "no lady, that's NOT photography, that's something else that I don't currently know the name of".

When I was in High School, I made a picture of the Sky, with clouds, and kittens sitting on the clouds and fish swimming around in the sky. No Joke. Pretty sure that was when photoshop was newww :D
I'm a purist, so I probably would have had to shoot that from a helo as we tossed kittens and fish out the side.

ms-paint-is-awsome.jpg

I'm a purist, so I probably would have had to shoot that from a helo as we tossed kittens and fish out the side.

hmmm.. kind of hard on the kittens and fish, huh? Although Parachutes would have been cute! lol!

Sparky! You are improving! Congratulations! lol!!

<j/k>!

Most reactions

Back