Does this do anything for you?

El2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trying out some macro shot with my Tamron lens. Please CC, what would you do different if any?

472191811_chgYx-L.jpg

Trying out some macro shot with my Tamron lens. Please CC, what would you do different if any?

472191811_chgYx-L.jpg

The color looks really good. I think I would like to see the car facing me and maybe put some thought into what part to focus in on.

I agree that if you get a little closer at a slightly more interesting angle there might be some potential here.

My aperture was at 2.8, should I have closed it to get more of the diecast in focus? I was using the One Shot mode. Also, I bounced my speedlight behind me.

Wow! Holy smokes that looks cool as heck!! Nice shot!

(What Tamron did you get?)

My aperture was at 2.8, should I have closed it to get more of the diecast in focus? I was using the One Shot mode. Also, I bounced my speedlight behind me.

I think the question you need to answer first is what you want in focus and why would it make the photo more interesting.

My take on the shot... I'd turn the car towards the camera (maybe a 45 degree angle-ish) and then adjust the f-stop until you get the entire front end and maybe the front wheels in focus. Not sure what f-stop to recommend but you could try a few angles / f-stops combos and you'll likely get one that works.

If you have the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, why are you shooting macro with the Tamron? Inquiring minds want to know.

Your 40D has a DOF button... Pick an f-stop and push the button to get whatever you want to be in the DOF....

If you have the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, why are you shooting macro with the Tamron? Inquiring minds want to know.

I was too lazy to change lenses and the Tamron is the lens that was on the camera :)

Most reactions

Back