Does this light kit look decent?

flyin-lowe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photo Basics by Westcott :: The Only Educational Lighting System

I purchased this light kit today for my father in law for his 60th B-Day. He will be using it in his home mainly for grandkids and family type stuff. I got it for way less then the retail price listed, and I didn't have time to order from ebay or something and this is the beginner kit they carry at my local photo shop. He shoots with a 40D and he also already has a Promaster flash, I just don't remember which model.

edit
I also forgot to mention that he recently obtained a nice backdrop stand and about 15 backdrops from a photographer who is getting out of portraits.

The light isn't very powerful for a studio strobe, but overall it looks like a decent kit.

looks nice...
not sure how true it is, since I haven't tried it yet, but number of photogs I spoke with stopped using reflectors b/c found in digital light isn't falling off gradually as it was with film. Again, I haven't tested it so wouldn't know first hand but would love to hear opinions of first hand users.

looks nice...
not sure how true it is, since I haven't tried it yet, but number of photogs I spoke with stopped using reflectors b/c found in digital light isn't falling off gradually as it was with film. Again, I haven't tested it so wouldn't know first hand but would love to hear opinions of first hand users.

A bare reflector has never really had great fall off, and it is no worse in digital. I know plenty of photographers that still use them, they are a light modifyer like any other and they have a time and place.

I just finished watching a DVD that came with the kit and it seemed to be pretty decent. Obviously they are not going to show all the flaws of there own product but it seems like it will be perfect for his use.

As far as the reflector goes it looked in the video like if it is used CORRECTLY it obviously made the photos better then the ones without it. Again it will be the user more then the equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back