Does this look out of focus and not sharp??

I X L R 8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
pinesoledit.jpg
???????????????????????????

top of the bottle looks more 'in focus' than bottom. but not sure. background is too cluttered and unappealing though.

It's just a test.
Thanks for the opinion though.

I'm finding that what appears to be in good focus for me may not appear so for others.
I just want to know what folks are seeing as sharpness or focus , in this pic.
I do lose some image quality, I've noticed, when I upload the photos.

Parts of it are sharp but a lot of it is not. The writing on the bottle would typically be where you would want the sharpest focus in this instance, but it is not really very sharp at all.

Am I the only one to see the desired focus and sharpness on the bubbles at the top of the liquid? That's where I see it. How could DOF be so shallow. What lens were you using and what aperture?

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) 1/125 second ===> 0.008 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop 45/10 ===> ƒ/4.5
ISO Speed Ratings 500
Original Date/Time 2010:08:09 02:12:14
Flash Flash fired, auto mode, red-eye reduction mode
Focal Length 1500/10 mm ===> 150 mm

That's the problem. Should be at more like f/8 to get the whole thing in focus.

The bubbles do look the sharpest.

I fail to see why all the photos you post are shot indoors and are 100% crops of boring subjects.

You should get outside, get in some natural light, turn your camera to manual and learn how to read a light meter. I mean, you just got a new camera and all you've done is take photos of 'natural high' incense and pine-sol.

You also have a shutter speed of 1/125th of a second and a focal length of 150mm. There's likely some motion blur going on if you have shaky hands.

I fail to see why all the photos you post are shot indoors and are 100% crops of boring subjects.

You should get outside, get in some natural light, turn your camera to manual and learn how to read a light meter. I mean, you just got a new camera and all you've done is take photos of 'natural high' incense and pine-sol.

IXLR8 is learning the features of his new camera. Let him post up his pics and maybe we all can help him along. Although product pics may not be interesting to you possibly this is IXLR8's niche.

I agree that the pinsol pic is not as sharp as it could be.
1. Need a shorter focal length for given aperature.
- or -
2. Need a larger f number (smaller aperature size) for given focal length.

Because all I do is work.
By the time I get home, there is no daylight, most of the time.
I've been limited thus far but I am going to try what you suggest.
I would like to know more about what I'm doing before I try that though.
These posts are helping.

thanks guys.

I agree that the focus is on the bubbles at the top of the bottle.

Agreed, and it also seems like parts of the rag behind the bottle is slightly more in focus than the lettering on the front of the bottle, which suggests your focus distance was just a touch too much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back