Does this look over saturated? Beach pic C&C

Thanks guys great info!

The thing i didnt break down was the trees but i really shouldve spent the time to break them all down. So im thinking of breaking down the clouds, trees, sand, water and maybe add a layer mask to the sky so that it'll fade down nicely - that or just feather.

I did use levels but not a polarizer lens. I have yet to switch my camera to RAW i keep forgetting about it :S But yeah it probably would be easier to edit using the RAW tools depending on how i wanted it too look.

I think im chasing an effect that i see here with tourism where every photo is super saturated but some of them look really amazing, probably because there not as mundane as this shot. If you wana see what im talking about visit Welcome to Samoa : Samoan Tourism Authority

Awesome website! Amazing how such a simple shot can be turned into something beautiful. If you have any other articles that you would like to share then please do.

Thanks for the feed back guys im going on a trip to visit one of the atolls this weekend so ill switch my camera to RAW and start snapping :)

I also think you would see a massive improvement in shots like this, where there are dark and light areas that both need exposing correctly, if you learnt to produce multiple exposures in Photoshop - there is a full tutorial on this here:
Digital Photography Tutorial - Creating Multiple Exposures

It's simple when you know how!;)

Im guesing this tutorial is based on the RAW editing tools on photoshop? Ive never actually used them so i wondering if hes talking about those or am i missing something.

If you shoot landscape alot and would like to experiment some fun stuff that will help your photograph stands alot more,

get a ND graduated filter. this will help you darken you sky a few stops and make sure its not to bright compared to your foreground. or you can use photoshop and do the same.

I like the 2nd picture the most :)

The azure color of the water on the original is nice. The only real thing that sticks out in the strong gradient at the top of the sky. I get this when I shoot out the car window and catch some of that tint at the top.

lighten shadows (for the trees on the left)
decrease sat in water and sky, decrease sky more
leave sand alone
Viewing on a Dell Ultrasharp I'm sill not crazy about the gradient I end up with.

IMG_0905.jpg

I like the sky gradients but if most people dont then it wouldnt be good for advertising. Ill look into that filter and maybe get me a wider lens.

Most reactions

Back