Does this shot need more detail?

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I originally started this shot as HDR composite but ended up leaning towards a silhouette after playing with settings for a bit. C&C and specifically, do you think the shot would look better if there was more detail in the subjects/foreground?

Rp47y.jpg

Second EDIT: updated shot

Last edited:
I like what you're showing here. I don't think I would change anything.

I think I prefer it like this... both silouhettes are very identifiable, and they work well with the background. I am curious as to whether the subjects are facing toward the camera?

Wow! That is a great shot! I especially like the clouds :thumbup:
I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but to get the full feeling of the silhouette shouldn't you try to darken the top of her head?
Then again, its up to you ;)

maybe more contrast would be a good idea... and maybe that will add a touch more blue to the sky also....

uh.,.. but now the clouds are yellow????? Plus left side center.. a blotch.. dust or something?

I really like the picture overall and I actually like the fact that you really can't tell if the silhouettes are facing you or moving away.. Great picture

uh.,.. but now the clouds are yellow????? Plus left side center.. a blotch.. dust or something?

they're tinged! ehhhh yeah I'll turn down the saturation a bit. And yeah it is dust, I need to clean my lens...I PS'd it out of the first copy, forgot on this one

EDIT: fixed

This shot looks really neat. Like others have said, I like how you cant truly tell which way either of them are facing.

I love this shot. Is it my monitor or is there a "glow" effect around the person?

I love this shot. Is it my monitor or is there a "glow" effect around the person?

Should I reveal their orientation? ;)

And orignally there was a glow-ish effect due to HDR, but I've since reverted to a single shot so there shouldn't be...maybe its an effect of the silhouette?

Most reactions

Back