Does this work??

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This week's theme for the 52 week challenge I'm doing is "light"..I was messing around with some ideas and I took this picture. I like it. I'm going to need to retake it because I shot it at 1.8 (I was experimenting) and the right arm of the starfish is oof. How else can I improve on it??? Do you think it works??

6919283253_1a514972c2_z.jpg

I like the image, and it would be better if you can get the Starfish in focus while keeping the hand out of focus. I even like the empty space on the left ... though I do not think it conveys the theme of "Light"

I like the image, and it would be better if you can get the Starfish in focus while keeping the hand out of focus. I even like the empty space on the left ... though I do not think it conveys the theme of "Light"

Thank you.. I'm experimenting with different types of light and this is what came to my mind. Having the light be focused on the starfish and hand with the dark negative space around it. If the starfish is sitting on the hand, is it possible to get the hand oof????

What would you do with the theme???

Make sure that the "film plane" is parallel with the starfish (as much as possible) ... meaning, don't shoot the starfish at an angle ... that should help with controlling DoF.

Light ... what typically comes to mind is something that gives off light or represents it ... second would be something that is not heavy.

If the starfish is sitting on the hand, is it possible to get the hand oof?

You've almost achieved that here, just not with your fingers. Annoy yourself with how meticulous you are with the retake and you'll pull it off. Don't worry toooo much about the theme ... the importance of those competitions is to get you to explore different shots, and this is one you should try and get perfect.

And don't break the starfish!

If the starfish is sitting on the hand, is it possible to get the hand oof?

You've almost achieved that here, just not with your fingers. Annoy yourself with how meticulous you are with the retake and you'll pull it off. Don't worry toooo much about the theme ... the importance of those competitions is to get you to explore different shots, and this is one you should try and get perfect.

And don't break the starfish!

Thank you..Yes, I will be very careful with the starfish..LOL. My daughter will kill me if I break it! :)

Most reactions

Back