DOF Compilation

minkster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some more photography I have been working on in my AP Studio Art Class. Feel free to comment, criticize, and critique. Thanks!

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

Well, you got the shallow DOF part. What about the rest. DOF isn't always about blurred backgrounds. What about the fully focused landscapes, or other things?

I think you're doing a good job...though some of the subjects are obviously a little boring.

I love the first one. The blurred out yellow is awesome to look at, and taken as it's own piece looks like an entirely different than what it truly is.

The rest are kind of boring...

@Sideburns:
Unfortunately I'm not using a camera, but a Sony HDR-SR1 Handicam with a built in lens (its not interchangeable). The only DOF I can achieve is the shallow kind..otherwise my pics come out very blurry. Thanks for your input though :)

@ rob91:
Thanks! Those shots were my most recent..not my best work but I keep trying :p

You should be able to get more DOF if you use a tripod. Just a suggestion to try. I'm not sure how limited that equipment is.

You should be able to get more DOF if you use a tripod. Just a suggestion to try. I'm not sure how limited that equipment is.

I usually use tripods for the short films I make, but I will give it a go with photography. The camcorder was fairly expensive and it takes 4 megapixel stills, but takes great outdoors shots. (I need to shoot more outside to show you what I mean)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back