DOF Preview trouble

Like_Clockwork

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having a problem with this. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I have a Cannon AE-1 and I'm using the normal 50mm lens. Lately every time I press the "button" in nothing happens. Is there a certain f/stop I should be on???? Or is it something else? Anyways any help is appreciated :wink:

If you're wide open, it's not going to do anything.

If it's a 2.8 lens and you're at 2.8, there is nothing for the aperature to close down to

~Michael~

Well sometimes it works and sometimes it works. I'm not particularly looking for anything. I'm just wondering why sometimes when I try and use it, it doesn't work. I tried something today and it worked, but it's kind of irratating; when I see it's not working I take the lens off then put it back on and it works I guess thats how I'll do it from now on unless anyone knows why its being lame. Thanks for the help

Well sometimes it works and sometimes it works. I'm not particularly looking for anything. I'm just wondering why sometimes when I try and use it, it doesn't work. I tried something today and it worked, but it's kind of irratating; when I see it's not working I take the lens off then put it back on and it works I guess thats how I'll do it from now on unless anyone knows why its being lame. Thanks for the help

Sounds like dirty contacts. I'd recommend carbon tet to clean them but that was outlawed thirty years ago! Seriously, I don't know what to suggest nowadays.

Sounds like dirty contacts. I'd recommend carbon tet to clean them but that was outlawed thirty years ago! Seriously, I don't know what to suggest nowadays.
Dirty contacts on a AE-1? I think not.

Check the tabs on both the lens and the camera mount that actually move the aperture when you press the DOF preview button. Make sure they're not sticky or anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back