What's new

Dog Poo Lilies!

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
f96f8456.jpg




47f23d7e.jpg



These flowers are freaking amazing.
They are huge jurassic beauties.
But there is a catch.
They smell like crap to draw flies to polinate them.
It can be so bad that the backyard is uninhabitable for 3-4 days.
These just opened. They will probably start stinking in a day or two.
 
Interesting flowers, very unusual, but I don't know if I'd want them bad enough to accept the smell. :)
 
So what is the name of these, so I don't look like an idiot trying to find dog poop lillies seeds.
 
Search for Dragon Lily. They are about $25 a bulb, will take a couple years to bloom. I am in an iffy climate zone for them. I had three, one died, one bloomed once and has become a struggling plant, and the one pictured is doing well with this being the first time it has had two flowers and the biggest ever this year! I collect unusual plants. Yet another hobby. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom