Dog Portrait for C&C

DogGoneGood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I took this photo earlier today, and tweeked it a bit in Photoshop. Looking for some feedback on it, thanks. :)

rosie-pose1bw.jpg

I like it!

But for some reason I don't like the fact that I cannot tell where exactly the dog is looking... If his/her eyes are fixed at the camera, or at you. For some reason that is the first thing that came to mind... I don't know why though. Just me.

I like it. How did you get the eyes to look so dark and glassy? Just the lighting?

Thanks guys!

I like it. How did you get the eyes to look so dark and glassy? Just the lighting?

They were already a bit glassy. I used Photoshop to adjust the brightness and contrast of them, and then sharpened them up a bit.

Maybe you should try sharpening up the whole image. It would really make the hair "pop".

Maybe you should try sharpening up the whole image. It would really make the hair "pop".

I test that out on a lot of my photo's, but most of the time, it turns the hair grainy. I tried it with this photo, it didn't have a 'popping' affect, so much as it did a grainy affect. The sharpen tool can be a tricky thing sometimes. :lol:

very sweet pic.. just would have liked it more if not so close up... just a speck back...

very sweet pic.. just would have liked it more if not so close up... just a speck back...

Thanks. The original isn't that close up, it's a bit further back. I cropped it closer because I accidentally got a corner of the door mat in the frame. :lol:

I really like this... I think the dog has a great expression. Really sweet!

Most reactions

Back