Daf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dafshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Took the dogs to the lake today and grabbed the D7000 and the Nikon 18-55mm (kit lens but does a great job for a slow lens!) - wanted to travel light so skipped the SB-600, mistake because shadows taught me a lesson today. ;-) I was shooting manual and really trying to watch the exposure, and while doing so let the shadows ruin quite a few shots. Mistake learned and will now be more conscious of where the sun is. Anyway - would appreciate any comments, tips, suggestions. Photos below.

1) This is Neo - loves frisbee! Settings: 55mm 1/640th f/5.6 ISO 110
Boogerbear_Lake-1-800.jpg

2) This is Pearle. Settings: 55mm 1/800th f/5.6 ISO 200
Boogerbear_Lake-3-800.jpg

3) Settings: 55mm 1/800th f/5.6 ISO 140
Boogerbear_Lake-4-800.jpg

4) Settings: 55mm 1/800th f/5.6 ISO 180
Boogerbear_Lake-5-800.jpg

5) Settings: 55mm 1/800th f/5.6 ISO 160
Boogerbear_Lake-6-800.jpg

6) Settings: 55mm 1/800th f/5.6 ISO 400
Boogerbear_Lake-7-800.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shots..beautiful dogs! My favorite is actually 4. I did notice that you kept the aperture and speed the same and just varied the ISO...interesting...the exposure seemed right on all of them.

You've got a lake that isn't frozen! Just kidding - :lol:. I like these. From a compositional perspective they are all pretty good and the colour looks good as well. Have you thought about making a collage of them and hanging it on your wall?

Cheers,

WesternGuy

My favorites are #5, which has the most interesting composition, followed by #3. I like that you are dropping to eye level in both these shots also. Nice dogs, btw.

1 and 5 stand out to me. There's not much better than a happy dog on the move.

My favorites are #5, great shot, nicely composed and #2, love Pearles expression and the wet fur. My only thought would be to clone or crop out the white lines in the pavement beside the dog. Great series. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back