DOH! Can you say "Oh S#!&"

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well it was a peaceful day today until my husband decided he wanted to take a nap. Of course like any man, he had his visit to the throne, then off to his slumber. Well, he came out of the room a few minutes later and asked me what I was burning. I told him I was not cooking anything, so I could not be burning anything (men!). He went back and layed down, but then he saw smoke coming from under the bathroom door. He opened the door and sure enough, the corner in front of the toilet was engulfed in flames!! He started yelling for me..i ran into the bathroom, through thick smoke and saw flames galore! I rushed my youngest out of our totally smoked filled bedroom (who had been sleeping in his playpen next to our bed).

Unfortunately, my hubby had already ripped away the part of the wall that was charred the most (I really wanted full effect photos to hold over his head LOL!!) This is what happens when you flick your cigarette ashes in the garbage can people!! (The silk plant on the ledge use to be very beautiful and hang halfway down the wall :meh: )
fire1.jpg

The big black spot on the floor is what is left of my garbage can...these photos really do not show just how awful it was! Needless to say, it will be a very long time before I let the dear ole hubby live this one down!
fire2.jpg

MommyOf4Boys said:
Unfortunately, my hubby had already ripped away the part of the wall that was charred the most (I really wanted full effect photos to hold over his head LOL!!)

lol, your bathroom burns down and you're worrying about getting a good shot! what a professional :lol:

Yikes! I'm glad everyone is okay....except the plant :(

OMG! Glad you got the kids out safely and there is no major damage.

...I was going to type "holy crap!" but it didn't seem appropriate......

Glad everyone is all right, and it's nothing more serious than a section of wall. :hugs:

Might be a good time to talk about stopping smoking.

fredcwdoc said:
Might be a good time to talk about stopping smoking.

Trust me..I have tried my best to convince him that he needs to quit. I actually told him tonight that maybe this is his "sign" that he needs to quit...I also threw my infamous bribe in there "Quit smoking and you can have more sex..don't quit and you get no more" LOL

JohnMF said:
lol, your bathroom burns down and you're worrying about getting a good shot! what a professional :lol:

Amen to that!!!:lol:

Though I'm sorry about your bathroom:grumpy: I say you make hubby quit smoking as a punishment;)

What a story! I'm glad you got out of it safe and only part of the wall (and the flower) got harmed.

It could not happen to me because

- no one smokes in our house
- my trashcan is a metal trashcan
- the entire bathroom is tiled

Phew! *mops brow and sighs in relief*

LaFoto said:
What a story! I'm glad you got out of it safe and only part of the wall (and the flower) got harmed.

It could not happen to me because

- no one smokes in our house
- my trashcan is a metal trashcan
- the entire bathroom is tiled

Phew! *mops brow and sighs in relief*

We were very lucky that the bathroom floor is ceramic tile..it did not get hurt. Otherwise, we would be having to replace that too! LOL

Most reactions

Back