Dom Bower / D800

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Interesting comments, he says what I been saying about regards to upgrading D700's.

What he doesn't mention is the recent new Canon really seems to be a huge step up!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this guy a real photographer? A "full frame eyehole thing?" Has he not heard of a viewfinder?

Also, he says the D800 is almost double the resolution of the D700... When in fact it's 3x the resolution. :lol:

Is this guy a real photographer? A "full frame eyehole thing?" Has he not heard of a viewfinder?

Also, he says the D800 is almost double the resolution of the D700... When in fact it's 3x the resolution. :lol:

3X the mega pixels doesn't = 3 times the resolution as there are more factors involved to create total resolution other than pixel count.

And Dom has a huge following (not that I'm a groupie or such myself but don't care for FroKnowsFoto), he does weddings/glamour etc. But the video is exactly what I've been spewing about is why I won't upgrade my D700 and really wanted Nikon to deliver a huge bang camera that would make me lust for it.

Last edited:
I was impressed by the lighting and the window reflections in his glasses all through the video. ;)

Define 'a huge following.'

I don't worry about how people refer to things in their video if their overall point/information is good. If they have a brain fart and miss one term, so be it-- we have all done it before. It's better to just roll with it than stop and retake the scene IMO. I am not making videos, so who am I to knock on those who are, and have a large following?

I don't have sound at work, what was the conclusion?

Not worth upgrading if you already have a D700 since it offers such little benefits.

Wrong, it's less then double the resolution. Photographs are TWO dimensional, and you need to double the number of pixels in both directions to double the resolution, which would mean a 4x increase in "megapixels." The D800 is less then that.

Wrong, it's less then double the resolution. Photographs are TWO dimensional, and you need to double the number of pixels in both directions to double the resolution, which would mean a 4x increase in "megapixels." The D800 is less then that.

Yes, TwoWheel pointed that out and I clearly wasn't thinking while posting. Not sure if you read the post right after mine or not... Pretty sure you didn't.

Doesn't explain the "eyehole" reference. That's just sad.

I don't worry about how people refer to things in their video if their overall point/information is good. If they have a brain fart and miss one term, so be it-- we have all done it before. It's better to just roll with it than stop and retake the scene IMO. I am not making videos, so who am I to knock on those who are, and have a large following?

I don't have sound at work, what was the conclusion?

Not worth upgrading if you already have a D700 since it offers such little benefits.

In his opinion....

Hey my threads aren't supposed to be so serious. I don't like FroKnowsFoto but here he is with DOM BOWER
iconhammer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of what he said was uh...wrong but he's right, the D700 is an excellent body and for the price (expecially now!) is unmatched!

you cant go wrong with either or, great camera for wedding photographers or others that shoot in low light. if you spend 2k you get the d700, if you spend 3k you get the d800. you pay for what you get.

Most reactions

Back