Donate A Photo.

I am currently planning a gallery show in Halifax, NS. Canada. I am trying to have some photographers, painters, etc. donate some of their work in order to sell it during a gallery show to benefit a childrens hospital here in Halifax called the IWK. The kids will also be contributing art work which will also be displayed and sold through a silent auction. ALL OF THE MONEY WILL BE DONATED TO THE HOSPITAL. If anyone would like to donate a photo, or peice of artwork, please e-mail me.... I would certainly appreciate it, and I know the kids will as well. Thanks.

Just go to this site and choose an image. Drag on to your desktop and send to me for reference. E-Mail the address and I will post a High Def image to you that can be blown up to at least 1 meter. Please use once only...

http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek

Ben

Just curious when the last date for submission would be and when is the auction taking place?

i was going to help but he hasnt said anything in a while.

Since Andy has not responded lately, I sent an email to the Charity.
Here is the response with the scheduled date and location. Attend if you can. :)

Hi Mike,

Andy Quinland, owner of Quinlan Photographic, has approached the
foundation to do an art show with proceeds doing to the IWK Health Center. A
Night of Art is scheduled for June 1st & 2nd and will be held at the
Eye Level Gallery in Halifax, NS.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to give me a
call.

Thank you for your support.

Trena Crewe

Trena Crewe
Development & Stewardship Officer
IWK Health Centre Foundation
(902) 470-7813
[email protected]

Mailing address:

PO Box 9700
Halifax, NS
B3K 6R8

Still have nothing from the heater letting me know that he got my photos. Starting to regret this decision :(

he ran off with them!!!.... that would suck. dont think about anything i say..im pesamistic

Still have nothing from the heater letting me know that he got my photos. Starting to regret this decision :(

Hmm... he emailed me up until the point I have him the high res files.

Nothing since.

Crap.:grumpy:

well think of it this way, if anyones selling your photos without your concent you can sue the crap out of them. the only thing this guys going to get out of these are art for his wall. unless he puts them in a gallery..i really hope you guys dont get screwed.

If it was a scam, It also hurt the charity. I'm glad I sent a print rather than a file. I sent him an email suggesting that he get back here.

Hmm... he emailed me up until the point I have him the high res files.

Nothing since.

Crap.:grumpy:

yeah, he even responded after I posted the first time saying that I sent something and wanted him to let me know if he got it. Guess he just ignored it.

And Funky, that would be awesome but the chances of me seeing him selling any of my works would be very slim, giving the geographical distance. If it gets to the point where I think its a total scam I'll post the pics up that I sent him so everyone can keep a lookout.

I am really hoping this is just carelessness and not some sort of scam, because really, like mike said, it hurts the charity. No one is going to donate to a shady character.

Err. I'm starting to be glad that I haven't heard from him in a while.
He had decided on which pic he wanted of mine and I told him to let me know what size he wanted. Never heard back.
I think maybe tomorrow I will phone the number that MikeR got from them.
Perhaps they know something.
Maybe everythings still a go at that end and we've all been left in the dark.

Or maybe he had a family emergency or something. Ya never know.
If I remember I will call tomorrow (i like talking to real people instead of emailing anonymously about this kinda stuff).

I'll keep ya all posted if I call.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back