Donate A Photo.

theheater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently planning a gallery show in Halifax, NS. Canada. I am trying to have some photographers, painters, etc. donate some of their work in order to sell it during a gallery show to benefit a childrens hospital here in Halifax called the IWK. The kids will also be contributing art work which will also be displayed and sold through a silent auction. ALL OF THE MONEY WILL BE DONATED TO THE HOSPITAL. If anyone would like to donate a photo, or peice of artwork, please e-mail me.... I would certainly appreciate it, and I know the kids will as well. Thanks.

Thanks Lew (The_Traveler) for donating the 1st 11x14. I truly appreciate it. I would like a quick profile on each photographer who donates something, as I would like it posted next to each peice of work, that way you get a little exposure out of it as well. Thanks.

Please keep them comming!

I'd be willing to donate any of my pictures, but I dont have the money right now to print/frame and send them to you. Is there a possibility I could send you full res files for you to print and use? Let me know and I'll send you some webres samples to browse through.

I would be willing to donate as well, could you PM the details as to what you want (Framed, matted, digital file, etc.) as well as the address I can send it to?

Just to add to this post, I don't expect anyone here to frame, and or mount their photos. All I am really asking for is a Hi-Res. digital file, and your permission to sell the photo at an auction/gallery evening to benefit the Childrens Hospital here in Halifax.

xfloggingkylex - I would really appreciate anything you can contribute. I as I said in the previous paragraph, I couldn't expect you or anyone else here to frame them and send them to me. Your Hi-Res file and your permission to auction the photo off is all I can ask, and we would be extremely greatful for that. Please send me the samples, and I would be happy to pick one, unless you have some favorites you prefer to have in. Let me know. Thanks again.

Great, I'm gathering some samples now. Is your hotmail account the email you prefer to use? What is the max transfer size on hotmail, because I dont think it is large enough to receive a full res picture

EDIT: I emailed you a link to a webshots gallery so you can browse some of my shots. Pick as many as you'd like.

.........."ask and you SHALL receive.

You can have ALL of my images, anything you want.

I will donate a huge amount and I know you will make Lots of money!

just in postcards and small notecards.. PULL the photos off the link "high in the arctic eskimo under general galleries.

if you need "higher" res images. I will provide what you need/want.

it is always better.. .. to give.. .. than to receive! I believe THAT will ALL my heart... (what's left of it)

Just to add to this post, I don't expect anyone here to frame, and or mount their photos. All I am really asking for is a Hi-Res. digital file, and your permission to sell the photo at an auction/gallery evening to benefit the Childrens Hospital here in Halifax.

xfloggingkylex - I would really appreciate anything you can contribute. I as I said in the previous paragraph, I couldn't expect you or anyone else here to frame them and send them to me. Your Hi-Res file and your permission to auction the photo off is all I can ask, and we would be extremely greatful for that. Please send me the samples, and I would be happy to pick one, unless you have some favorites you prefer to have in. Let me know. Thanks again.

Please feel free to go though my flickr

www.flickr.com/photos/rmthompson and ask me for anything you'd like. I don't have very hi-res on some of them, so perhaps a montage of 8x10's or smallers would be better for mine instead of the larger size prints.

Let me know what you like and email me back here: [email protected] with the names of them, and I will see what I can do.

Be warned, my pics on there range from portraits and semi-nudes you won't likely need to nature and abstract shots... have at it!

I hate to do this, but do you have anything you can show us relating to this show/auction? There are a lot of scams out there. I just want to be sure that this will actually benefit the kids.

Thanks to everyone who has or plans on donating photos... I certainly appreciate it.

In regards to your question markc I have no problem with it. In fact its probably a smart question. At this point, the show is in the makings, so a flyer has not been created yet, as no set date has been made until I can finalize a location. However I have been in touch with quite a few people to donate work. I am also attempting to get companies to donate framing and matting, etc. I will be documenting all this on here, so those of you who have donated items can see them displayed, etc. I am also attempting to get some funding from the company I work for to take care of some of the expenses. All of the proceeds will be going here: http://www.iwk.nshealth.ca/index.cfm?objectid=B2B9F409-D291-878D-1A6F8F89710FDC83

I can post contact info if necessary, so people can verify if they would like. I am truly just helping a good cause, while also having fun with a hobby I love. I"ll keep everyone posted, and anyone else that would like to donate photos, please post here. Thanks.

I'll send one if you can let me have your email address,my original post seems to have vanished and I havent a clue how to reply to the PM.
You can leave another pm with your email if you like and I'll see what I've got in my files.

I hate to do this, but do you have anything you can show us relating to this show/auction? There are a lot of scams out there. I just want to be sure that this will actually benefit the kids.

Thank you. I didn't wanna be the first to say this :wink:

I'll go through my pictures and upload them into my photobucket in a day or two.

Any size requirments? 4x6, 8x10, bigger.. smaller?
300 dpi good?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back