DONATING 35mm Camera w/ 55/1.4 & 28/2.8

BrianV has been kind enough to offer up some 35mm cameras with a 50mm lens to someone, and I will let him decide who they will go to. since the 50mm range is covered with what brianV will be donating, we are going to give our 55mm to Unpopular, who already has a good working knowledge of adapting these lenses to new cameras, and already has the adapter for it, so we are pretty confident that the lens will be made good use of again.

BrianV has been kind enough to offer up some 35mm cameras with a 50mm lens to someone, and I will let him decide who they will go to. since the 50mm range is covered with what brianV will be donating, we are going to give our 55mm to Unpopular, who already has a good working knowledge of adapting these lenses to new cameras, and already has the adapter for it, so we are pretty confident that the lens will be made good use of again.

... but with moral obligation to post results :)

... but with moral obligation to post results :)

not having, or wanting at this point, an m42-nikon adapter, we are also very curious to see what sort of pictures that lens will produce. most of the reviews i could find online for it were very positive.

not having, or wanting at this point, an m42-nikon adapter, we are also very curious to see what sort of pictures that lens will produce. most of the reviews i could find online for it were very positive.

Nikon has one of the longest registration distances, so you cannot focus at infinity with M42 (unless there is some glass in the adapter, but typically they ruin quality). So, no temptations :) . (this is a sample).

Nikon has one of the longest registration distances, so you cannot focus at infinity with M42 (unless there is some glass in the adapter, but typically they ruin quality). So, no temptations :) . (this is a sample).

I think unpopular is going to use it on a Sony. whoevers hand is in that pic has great veins.

The idea was to give a camera to digital users that expressed a desire to try out a film camera, so the Vivitar is packed and labeled. I also found a Konica TC-X w 50/1.8 and Kiron 28~70, sent a PM out for that one. These and the Canon FTb sent out prior this week, cleared out some closet space.

Also found an OM-Mount 28/2.8, probabaly Tokina? - anyway, offered to AgentDrex.

Thank you very much by the way. I'll be able to put that to use for some winter shots and will post them as well. Happy holidays to you all!

Last edited:

I think unpopular is going to use it on a Sony. whoevers hand is in that pic has great veins.

Thank you very much, Pix. I'll be looking forward to it's arrival. Naturally, I'll post some examples here on the forums as soon as it arrives :)

The Konica TC-X w 50/1.8 and Kiron 28~70 is sitting in a box, waiting for a Label to go on it: preferably someone that wants to try out film. This camera uses a single "AAA" battery, which is in it and all seems to work fine. Free, including Shipping within the US. Send me a PM if you want it. I want to make one trip to the post office tomorrow to send out the three packages.

ok unpopular....
the 55mm lens in in the mail headed your way.
I even threw in a nice leather lens case w/shoulder strap, just so you feel like your getting a good deal. and front and rear lens caps.
should be there this week. ill PM you with the tracking number. enjoy!

OH MAN! I was a little worried about getting ripped off, but with that leather case thrown in, I'm sure this investment will be worth it! :)

Actually thanks. I've been wanting one for a while, one of those things taht should have been a priority but never managed to become one. Will let you all know when it arrives!

Thanks again pix!

The TC-X will get put back in the closet, and offered to the next student asking for advice on getting a film camera. The Vivitar w Cosina 50/1.8 and the two Olympus mount lenses will go out tomorrow.

Edit- "It's Tomorrow, and the Vivitar w 50/1.8 Cosinon is headed out, as are the two lenses for Agentdrex. Hope they are of good use. The Vivitar w Cosinon: identical to the Argus/Cosina STL1000 that I bought over 40 years ago. The lenses- got a lot of use from a Nikkor 28~85 on an N8008.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back