DONATING Fuji AX multi program DX + 2 lenses

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pixmedic first donated this camera to me. It was my first film camera and it got me started with my interest in film. I cannot thank him enough; He and his wife are extremely generous folks.

It has been an outstanding camera. Small, fun, and reliable :p

It comes with two fuji lenses, a 135mm f/2.8 and a 50mm f/1.9 both in EX condition.
Sorry I don't have a zoom for it, but who needs a zoom when you've got some good primes?
Also comes with a flash, which is in perfect working order.
This camera takes a 6v battery, and the winder will not work without it.
Camera is in good working order. It is light, compact, and is easy to travel with, especially with the 50mm on it. It would make a nice travel camera if you were someone that didn't mind using a film camera.

This camera is free to a good home. I'll pay the shipping.

Rules (these will be basically the same as his):
- Post your current film gear
- Post why you would like to receive it
- If we ever meet, you must buy me some bacon

$Fuji1.jpg$Fuji2.jpg$Fuji3.jpg$Fuji4.jpg$Fuji5.jpg

My current film gear is minolta x700 with 3 lens and I love film cameras and like the golden old days manual operation. Sure I would buy you the bacon and even cook it for you too. Mostly I love film cameras because its mere existence makes me wonder how people could have learned the digital ones and automatic buttons because in the old days everything was manual, which kicks it up a notch of challenge. I would love this camera thanks.

BUMP!!!

Come on guys, who doesn't like free stuff? :p

I'd throw my hat into the ring, but that wouldn't be right. I'd rather see it go to someone who could really get some use out of it-too many projects and too much stuff I already don't/can't use. But really, I'm posting to say props for doing this, Tiller!

Hey I would love to receive this. I don't have any camera gear at all and am currently trying to find one to learn on that won't my very meager budget. And I would buy you back and make you a killer omlet with it. :)

Hey I would love to receive this. I don't have any camera gear at all and am currently trying to find one to learn on that won't my very meager budget. And I would buy you back and make you a killer omlet with it. :)

Here's the thread this poster started in Film Photography: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...46-cheap-35mm-battery-independent-camera.html

He (She? Sorry, don't know your gender!) seems really keen on getting into film.

Hey would like to update my posting for the sake of honesty. One of the commenters on my original thread was so kind as to agree to donate their Nikkormat Ftn (at least that is my best guess based on a quick image search). So I want that in consideration. (And thank you limr for the support on this post. I am a he by the way :) )

Well, here goes

- Olympus XA2 is the only working film camera I have, but if I count my father's memory-lane collection, there are couple more
- I want to get into film because I'm interested in the process, I want to see how my photography comes to life and I want to discipline myself and stop running around taking pics like I'm the street view car.
- since I'm living in Croatia, Europe, if we ever meet I'll buy a full course meal and a free photowalk

I would like to be considered for this. I currently do not have any film camera equipment but would like to use it to take b&w photos, specifically street stuff.

I would like to be considered for this as well. I have no film gear at all sadly. Being a lot younger than most, I was able to start off with a basic digital point and shoot. I've always wanted to get into film but could never justify spending money on it when I still am upgrading a lot of my digital gear still.

Thanks,

-Luke

I'll bite, even though it may not be up for grabs anymore.

Current film cameras:
- Holga 135
- Diana F+
- Brownie Hawkeye
- Kodak Tourist II
- Ansco Shur Shot

As far as film gear in concerned, I don't have much of anything except rolls of film ready to be shot. I also have a Paterson tank with all the chemicals I need to produce my own negatives.

I have been looking into a film camera such as this one seeing as how it is a step up from the general toy cameras I shoot with. Would like to get a more legit film camera to do some urban and landscape shots with. Something that takes quality images rather than heavy vignetting and obscure light leaks in every shot. Also, having an SLR would be great since I can change out the lens when need be. Maybe I'll get lucky with this one.

Last edited:
I love seeing threads like these. It's nice to see people giving to those who are interested in trying something new/just starting out.

Jake

Glad to see some more responses! :p

I'll pick the lucky winner on Wednesday and will post here Wednesday night. All responses will be considered before Wednesday at let's say noon.

Keep tuned!

Ok and the winner is.....ronlane! Come on down!! I hope you can cook some good bacon ;)

PM me with your address info and I'll get it sent out this week.

Congratulations! :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back