I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know...I haven't even shipped out the last two donation lenses yet. (hopefully tomorrow) but since i am stuck here in my bedroom lamenting the days when I could walk past the bathroom without having to use it, I figured I would post the next lens we are donating.

this is a Nikkor 24-120mm AF-D f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens.
AF-D means that it does NOT have its own focus motor, and therefor will NOT auto-focus on any camera that doesn't have a built in focus motor.
zoom ring is a tad on the stiff side, but works fine. focus ring moves fine, and aperture ring moves fine with no problems locking. no issues with AF or MF.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. (even to Canada)

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having another brand and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states OR Canada
4: you have been a member of the forum for more than 2 months. (and been a reasonably active member of the TPF community)
(ALL rules are at me and my wife's discretion. we reserve the right to change the criteria or cancel the donation at ANY time for ANY dumb old reason)

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the lens, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the lens,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the lens. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all for the chance to help out the photography community.

-Jason and the Wife

View attachment 28996
View attachment 28997
View attachment 28999
View attachment 28998

I just lost my job, and I am hoping to be eligible to receive the your donations.

I have a Nikon d90. I have a 70-300
My small lense broke.
I am new to the forum, but I hope to be a part of it for a long time!
Thank You in Advance

Lise

Another kind act!, How nice are yeeeeew!... Not creeping I don't fit criteri... Merry Christmas

Sorry I did not realize that you wanted to sell it. Why not just list an price and sell it? I withdraw my last post.

sell it? did you not read the post??

"You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. (even to Canada)"

I have to say you and your wife are awesome for donating lenses like this. I have something similar in focal range of this 18-105 so I don't need it. I wish I had gotten in on the previous one though. That 55-200 would have been great.

If you would be so kind to donate to a school that has 0 budget. We have a Nikon D7000 and a a 18-55 lens. A little longer would help. I do not let students use my personal stuff since the school wont pay me if a kids breaks it. The kid is also not responsible for it either.

What a great thing that you and the wifey are doing. I would love to add another lens to my collection of 1 that I have now. But I to do not fit the rerquirements. I have a D3100 and the 18-55 kit lens. But I have asked the family to not get me a gift this Christmas but rather the money so I can put it together and get a new lens. I just wanted to say thanks for being such caring and kind hearted people. Only if there were more like you every one would be much better off.

Wrapping this one up soon, so anyone interested get in now.

Is it already donated. I am not in a position to get the donation but love to help my friend who is looking for a lens for his D90 and cannot afford to buy one.

i would love to get this lens. I have the 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8D, and the 55-300mm. This lens would be perfect for me since it does 24-120mm and would be great taking pictures of cars. I was thinking of buying one of these lenses sometime in the future if i ever could get the money together. It's really nice of you to donate your lenses. Have a good holiday

I would love this lens....Im a newbie, and my wife already wont speak to me since I bought my camera, so buying a lens would not go over well.

Going to give this one to brian_f2.8
Fo da shortys! I mean school kids.
hope it gets some good use. will be a good fit for a D7000.
will hopefully get it packed up and shipped out tomorrow.

Congratulations Brian!

We can't thank you enough. This is very generous on your part. Again thank you very much.

Most reactions

Back